1.    #1  
    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has tried or been able to connect a bluetooth keyboard to the pre. I used to use this with my Treo 700 and be able to type up documents. Of course there are two problems with that right now. No word processing, and for some reason I could not connect the keyboard to the pre. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks!
    Not possible, the Pre is very limited at this time in which Bluetooth profiles it supports.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i went ahead and bought palms bt foldable kb b/c i found one for 10 dollars, hopefully they will support it soon, im anxious to give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not possible, the Pre is very limited at this time in which Bluetooth profiles it supports.
    yea i heard only audio devices.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    They're now 1 for 3 of my must-have requirements - tethering is available (root access required). One of the other two is in work (Docs to Go) and the only one I haven't heard anything about yet is this -- bluetooth keyboard support.

This! (makes pinching gesture with fingers) Close!
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    we will see im hoping with the release of the sdk today, someone will start developing new bt profiles, im not sure if thats even a possibility from an app standpoint. ill post in there and see what happens.
    im already on pre, coming from the instankt, its much better but a bt keyboard is a must, im a realtor, i constantly write notes, and inevitably lose them, i would love to be able to whip out a kb and knock them out.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I can pretty much guarantee that the sdk will not touch bt profiles. It will take something from palm or some root method.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I am fairly certain that Palm will add support for Bluetooth keyboards, though I don't know how (Blackberry's can use them, yet Blackberry has not enabled HID). I've got a Palm BT keyboard that I got for $10 sitting around too.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    yeah couldnt pass up the ten dollar palm bt kb, works on my laptop though. so not all is lost.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping for BT support. Would be great for travel when I don't want to lug a netbook but would see myself typing more than the Pre-board would be comfy.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I looked at the specs for the Treo 800w, and it did not support the HID protocol. Many of the available bluetooth keyboards are HID, and so require special device specific drivers. Since most of the BT keyboards out there are HID, what are the chances that any of them will actually work with the Pre? Anybody have any idea whether ANY smart phones currently support that protocol?