Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I took the sonicare charger apart (4 screws in the bottom) so I could get the Pre as close to flush as possible on the contact. I didn't see any difference on the screen as I put the pre in all different orientations. I don't know what the screen looks like on the touchstone since I don't have one.

It was worth a try anyway haha.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    You need the special back for inductive charging.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    The Touchstone comes with a special back cover that makes it work so its not surprising that your idea didn't work.
    I wonder if it would work if you had the back cover?
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    LMAO, good try....
    it would be just by luck...
    there are no standards to inductive charging... so you're going to have a high probability of mismatch of frequency, field strength, field orientation and pattern... as well as charging behavior/protocols...
  7.    #7  
    I thought the special back was more for magnetic attachment to the touchstone itself rather than induction.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn View Post
    I thought the special back was more for magnetic attachment to the touchstone itself rather than induction.
    Nope.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Cool idea.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Next, try holding it up to an electrical outlet - see if that works......
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal65 View Post
    why wouldn't the guys idea work? its the same technology. someone just needs to try with the touchstone back cover.
    Lmfao!!!
    Well there must be some standards if third party companies are building induction pads into furniture and such to promote universal charging of all devices. It's kinda the point of the technology and why third party companies are building all sorts of induction chargers and device adapters. Granted I haven't researched the tech that deeply, but I know I've charged different brands of toothbrushes and razors with each other's chargers. And I'd bet if I bought a Wildcharge pad, I'd be able to charge the Pre if it had the Touchstone back. Will be more than happy to put that assumption to the test when I know I'm keeping the Pre. Not going to waste money on accessories before I know I'm sold on it.

Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    it would be just by luck...
    there are no standards to inductive charging... so you're going to have a high probability of mismatch of frequency, field strength, field orientation and pattern... as well as charging behavior/protocols...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  14.    #14  
    It works!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    LMAO... This is my Quote of the Day!!!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Well there must be some standards if third party companies are building induction pads into furniture and such to promote universal charging of all devices. It's kinda the point of the technology and why third party companies are building all sorts of induction chargers and device adapters. Granted I haven't researched the tech that deeply, but I know I've charged different brands of toothbrushes and razors with each other's chargers. And I'd bet if I bought a Wildcharge pad, I'd be able to charge the Pre if it had the Touchstone back. Will be more than happy to put that assumption to the test when I know I'm keeping the Pre. Not going to waste money on accessories before I know I'm sold on it.
    If you do get it working with the wildcharge pad be sure to post a thread, Id be interested to hear about it!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    this is the exact thing that i was thinking: using the sonicare charger instead of the block charger! lolol
    Come on people with matte backs and a sonicare tooth brush... See if this works!

@SoCal65 +10 for that comment HAHAHA.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It doesnt.
    I suspect the base for an inductive toothbrush would probably be more expensive than the touchstone charger, even if it did work (good luck with that).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast