1.    #1  
    Hey all can you post info or reviews on any accessories you bought to go with your Pre.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    The only thing I bought was the car charger, came with the plug adapter, cable and an adapter for other Palm phones. Works as expected.
    I bought the touchstone, its cool....but not a must have.

I cant get the touchstone to charge if the other end is hooked up to my laptop, which i thought it was suppose to do. If it wont work then the device is much less usable for me.

Might be my laptop, i know some underpower the usb ports, but im not sure.
    God is not a Democrat or a Republican, but he is Pro-Life!
    The two I've purchased:

1. Palm case (retail $39.99, I paid 20% less than that): Nice, comfortable leather belt with a nice strap to use in pulling out the Pre. Material inside seems to wipe the screen a bit as the Pre's pushed in/pulled out. It's a bit of a tight fit, which I guess can be good and bad. Nice magnetic latch, closes easily and holds pretty strongly. Overall, a nice, simple case at a decent price (discounted; $39.99 might be a bit pricey). I'd give it a solid 7.5/10.

2. Touchstone: Love it, and surprised myself at how much. Bought it because of the 25% discount, as a bit of an impulse. However, after struggling in opening the USB cover (which, incidentally, has since loosened up and is much easier to open), I'm quite happy that I don't have to mess with it when opening. Also, the Touchstone holds the Pre at a nice, usable angle, both portrait and landscape. Even works well with the keyboard extended. Stick it on (making sure the magnets mate up; I can see the Pre sliding off if one isn't careful) and pull it off, charging couldn't be easier. Haven't received a call while the Pre's on the Touchstone, so can't speak to how that works. Overall, a nice device and if I had a spare $50 to spend (plus the cost of another AC adapter, of course), I'd buy one for the office. I'd give it an 8/10.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipro View Post
    I bought the touchstone, its cool....but not a must have.

I cant get the touchstone to charge if the other end is hooked up to my laptop, which i thought it was suppose to do. If it wont work then the device is much less usable for me.

Might be my laptop, i know some underpower the usb ports, but im not sure.
    If you read the Touchstone quick start guide, it specifically indicates that the Touchstone is NOT to be plugged into a PC's USB port. It's only supposed to be plugged into the Palm's AC adapter.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I love the touchstone because I can blindly set my pre to charge when I'm going to sleep, instead of waking up during the search for the cord/charger/charging hole.......