1.    #1  
    Was in the saugus ma store getting my pre when,. the manager called the war room .. (I suppose) as it was time to "report in" This was at about 2 ish

The manager quickly found out that there was a issue or defect with the phone clips, he was not told what, but was told to stop selling them..

I got the leather side holster but i wanted one of those,..?

anyone know
    At 8:45 or so this morning, I was getting my Pre activated by an employee who happened to be the 'Pre advocate', and another employee came up to her and told her that he was having trouble with the holster. I couldn't hear exactly what the problem was, but she just told him to jiggle it in the holster and it should be ok. She has one and has been using it for about a week w/o problems. So I'm not really sure what the issue is.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    They were selling them in my store. I bought the leather though, am hapy with decision, other than price.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I wanted the holster but immediately changed to the leather case. The holster is very cheap and not secure enough to carry around the pre all day. I felt like it would fall out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I wanted the holster but immediately changed to the leather case. The holster is very cheap and not secure enough to carry around the pre all day. I felt like it would fall out.
    I thought the same exact thing.
    Same thing happened in my sprint store. Was checking out some cases and the rep came over and pulled the clear acrylic cases off the shelf saying that they had been recalled. I was actually thinking abt buying one, but they did look kinda cheap and flimsy imho.
    I actually bought one of the holsters early Saturday morning before the recall. I saw the holster online when PreCentral had an article about it and really liked the design.

However, when I got home and opened it, the interesting holster design was poor in its application. The Pre would rattle around and the clip holding the door shut was very loose. I had the Pre in there for less than 5 minutes and decided I would just use the pouch provided with the phone until I could return the holster to the Sprint store.

When I went to the Sprint store the Store Manager was actually the one who helped me, and immediately made mention that he knew I was there around opening time on Saturday because by 9am he was called to take them off the shelf.

I bought the leather side case, which is MUCH nicer. I like the fact that the leather case includes the "ribbon pull" to make it easier when removing the phone.
    I have the plastic one and have had no problems. In fact i used it yesterday to carry my Pre and some paper money since i had no pockets. If there is in fact a recall what exactly was the issue?
  9.    #9  
    Went to another store today,. and they confirmed these where pulled for some reason.
    i was told they were pulled because the phone was to fit with the screen facing OUT thus the clear cover - but the screen faces inwards. the design flaw was somehow missed -till they hit the floor!
  11.    #11  
    wouldnt you want it to face in?
    If facing out you can see caller... seems more practical to see screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i was told they were pulled because the phone was to fit with the screen facing OUT thus the clear cover - but the screen faces inwards. the design flaw was somehow missed -till they hit the floor!
    No offense, but the person who told you that doesn't know what they are talking about AND is full of it. There is no possible way that this thing got designed and manufactured without somebody never noticing it faces inward.

The idea was that you could open the case to see the screen without pulling the phone out; the flaw is probably that it opened too easy and people's phones were dropping from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BPassione View Post
    I actually bought one of the holsters early Saturday morning before the recall. I saw the holster online when PreCentral had an article about it and really liked the design.

However, when I got home and opened it, the interesting holster design was poor in its application. The Pre would rattle around and the clip holding the door shut was very loose. I had the Pre in there for less than 5 minutes and decided I would just use the pouch provided with the phone until I could return the holster to the Sprint store.

When I went to the Sprint store the Store Manager was actually the one who helped me, and immediately made mention that he knew I was there around opening time on Saturday because by 9am he was called to take them off the shelf.

I bought the leather side case, which is MUCH nicer. I like the fact that the leather case includes the "ribbon pull" to make it easier when removing the phone.
    I had a virtually identical experience.

The reason i returned my plastic holster was due to the latch feeling flimsy (I just didn't trust it) and also the "rattling around inside" issue. Every time I took a step while walking, I could hear the thing jiggling around in there. I began to worry about scratching from excessive bouncing around against the clip's inner surfaces. Took it back and exchanged for the leather pouch with the innovative "ejector ribbon," and couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by cuchanu View Post
    No offense, but the person who told you that doesn't know what they are talking about AND is full of it. There is no possible way that this thing got designed and manufactured without somebody never noticing it faces inward.

The idea was that you could open the case to see the screen without pulling the phone out; the flaw is probably that it opened too easy and people's phones were dropping from it.
    may very well be true but that's what the guy at sprint said he was told by the DM. i suppose you can say the same thing about the design flaw and phones 'dropping out' = that's what QC is for and they should have caught that before it hit the floor (no pun intended).
    Also pulled in our store. Pre advocate said it was because they were built so poorly. He pulled one out from under the desk and it was truly a POS.