Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I charged up the battery that came with the Pre.( I know, your not supposed to take it out) I put in the Centro battery I bought and it's not starting up.....I put original battery back in and it worked, any thoughts???

I know reviewers said it worked but I couldn't even get it to turn on...some weird cord looking(charger type picture came up on the Pre) Maybe I have to let it charge up first....

Any help is appreciated!!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Anyone??
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I'm using Centro batteries just fine. They last just as long. You either put the battery in upside down, or the battery is nearly dead.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    it's near dead, I finally got one of my extra batteries to turn the phone on....The other one won't do anything though. I will try charging about an hour and then try turning the Pre on.
    Has anyone tried the Centro battery with the Touchstone? I bet it works fine with the standard MicroUSB cable but the phone seems to get a little hotter w/ the Touchstone and the difference might be heat resiliency in the batteries?

Thoughts?
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Word from our Sprint Service Rep was that the Centro battery is NOT made for the Pre (does not have the proper circuitry built in) and it should not be used with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Word from our Sprint Service Rep was that the Centro battery is NOT made for the Pre (does not have the proper circuitry built in) and it should not be used with the Pre.
    Have them prove it.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Centro battery works fine with the Touchstone. I don't believe the circuitry BS. Centro battery is giving identical performance.
    ^^ Yup.

The Pre doesnt handle starting up with a completely dead battery well at all. My stock Palm battery arrived completely dead (0% charge) and the Pre would not boot with it installed, even when plugged in it gave the red full screen battery icon. I had to swap in my girlfriend's charged battery then switch it for my 0% battery while the phone was on and plugged in.