Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Picked up my Palm Pre this morning. Waited in line since 5:30. Went to the mall and got Phantom Skinz applied before I scratched up my baby. The phone looks amazing and you can hardly even tell that theres a skin on it. Nothing like a little extra insurance policy for my new toy

P.S. I love the phone, its everything I thought it would be
    can you post a pic?? thanks!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Where did you get Phantom Skinz for the Pre? The phantomskinz.com website shows it as a pre-order item.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    Where did you get Phantom Skinz for the Pre? The phantomskinz.com website shows it as a pre-order item.
    I got mine professionally installed at a kiosk in Gilbert Arizona. I just checked their website and it says you can order it now. I dont see anything about a pre-order.

phantomskinz.com/palmpre.aspx
    I'm sure some of the bigger names will step up soon to provide some protection.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Ive already got an Invisible shield on order for the screen. Cant wait. I havent seen any Mall kiosk around my neck of the woods so I'll be installing it myself. I hear those kiosk are all over Arizona though
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Ive already got an Invisible shield on order for the screen. Cant wait. I havent seen any Mall kiosk around my neck of the woods so I'll be installing it myself. I hear those kiosk are all over Arizona though
    Yea they are in every mall I have been to out here. I've tried invisible shield and it was pretty good. I talked the the Phantom Skinz people a few weeks ago and decided to try them out for this phone. I would have to say I like it a lot better. They showed me the texture and the stickieness of the invisible shield compared to their Phantom Skinz and I was convinced. Not an insane difference, but I definitely like it better.
    is this the invisible shield u were talking about?

zagg.com/invisibleshield/palm-pre-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

does it interfere with touchscreen response in any way?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I used bodyguardz on my centro and it worked really well. It came loose on a few tiny spots (edges) but that was after 1 years use. Just ordered 2 screen protectors for the Pre (in stock) for $13. Not bad. Using the dock back for Pre so didn't think I needed a protector for the back as it's not so smooth (and who knows, it could effect the charging system... doubt it but...)-
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre school View Post
    I got mine professionally installed at a kiosk in Gilbert Arizona. I just checked their website and it says you can order it now. I dont see anything about a pre-order.

phantomskinz.com/palmpre.aspx
    Looks like they just started selling them last night. A refresh of the site confirms they're no longer on preorder. Thanks for the info!
    Hey I dropped mine already (onto concrete), with no ill effects. The phone reset itself as a result of being dropped but rebooted fine, and the battery cover did not pop off (as happened on a lot of previous Treos). In the days of the Palm IIIxe and Visors, a dropped device often meant a cracked screen. It's nice to see that the Pre looks like it's going to be a tough device!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I have the 7$ a month insurance plan and when I was getting my phone eysterday the guy said your cool with the plan, its a 100$ deductible instead of 50$ now
    I will be going with invisible shield, I used this on my iPhone, touch pro and it worked great with no problems on the keyboard.
    I also got a screen protector installed right after I bought the phone at the Arizona Mills Mall. Except the product I got was Ghost Armor. I used it on my Centro and I must say I love it. Theirs run $14.99 for screen only or $24.99 for the entire phone. I opted for just the screen as the touchstone backing is enough protection for me.

Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor
    Last edited by remix2000; 06/07/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    I ended up getting the geek squad protection plan from bestbuy for 10 bux a month. But it covers accidental protection so if I barely scratch and it annoys me enough I break and go get a new one in 3 to 5 days, and those are pretty much the exact words the bestbuy rep told me
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by musk View Post
    Looks like they just started selling them last night. A refresh of the site confirms they're no longer on preorder. Thanks for the info!
    No problem lol. I also meant to mention that it looks like they are having a 50% off sale for summer at Phantom Skinz. I didn't get this when I got mine installed at the mall, but it sounds like a pretty sweet deal for those of you who would be ordering it over the internet.

If you click on that summer sale thing at the top of their website it has all the details about it. Enter the code summer50 during checkout and it gives you 50% off. Plus it says they give you 2 kits on the internet. I wish I saw this before I got mine installed, but at least I didn't have to worry about putting it on myself. haha
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks72 View Post
    can you post a pic?? thanks!
    Heres a couple pics you asked for. I know they are ****ty and you cant really tell there's anything on there but I swear there is. I don't have a digital camera and these pictures were taken with my buddy's iPhone. No macro lol

Ill see if I can't take any better pictures of it soon. It looks perfect though. I'm very impressed.

BTW, someone sent me a PM wanting to see these pics, sorry I can't respond back because apparently I don't have enough postings yet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you have the Touchstone back or the original onr the phone? I would like to see some pics with it on the touchstone back if anyone has done this.
    Does anyone make a skin that doesn't require water/soap/magic solution to apply? My old Treo 650 had a screen protector that you just applied and smoothed out, and all was good. Maybe that was possible because of the bevel around the screen? Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    I ended up getting the geek squad protection plan from bestbuy for 10 bux a month. But it covers accidental protection so if I barely scratch and it annoys me enough I break and go get a new one in 3 to 5 days, and those are pretty much the exact words the bestbuy rep told me
    One word of warning - I don't think BB is required to give you a new unit on that plan. They have the right to substitute a refurbished unit. I might be wrong but that's the way I read their brochure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast