View Poll Results: Did you buy a touchstone charger?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, sure did!

93 60.39%
  • No.

61 39.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Those who did/didn't get the touchstone what made you make your decision?

From those that have the touchstone, do you think it's worth $70 or does it just look pretty sitting on your desk.

Those that didn't get it, are you envious of those pretty Pre's sitting around on their pedestal charging?
    Personally, I like mine. It's suprisingly convenient to just toss (figuratively speaking, of course) the Pre on the Touchstone to both set it somewhere and start charging it. I'd rather not mess with plugs if I can avoid it, and I can't think of a more elegant way to avoid them.

Note that I did get mine with my S|P discount of 25%, so my price was closer to $50. I also like the matte battery cover, and so that was worth something as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I don't think it's necessary or really worth the $70.

It is very cool but I was hoping for something I can just set under my night stand and then be able to just set my phone on the nightstand and have it charge. Basically a range of a foot or two.

I mean you already have to set it on the dock, is it really that hard to take the extra 2 seconds to plug it in? Cool nonetheless and if you have the cash to throw around go for it.
    its sooooo worth it not to have to dig that little insert out with your fingernail....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    No

While I think it is uber cool and will probably fork over the dough at some point; it is an unnecessary accessory at this time. I needed a new bluetooth headset and car charger more.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    its sooooo worth it not to have to dig that little insert out with your fingernail....
    First thing I did was rip that piece of crap off.
    Well for me it was only $50, because of an accessory discount of 25%. And yes, it was worth it to me, for the convenience, for the features such as automatically answering on speakerphone when on the Touchstone/ automatically answering when you pull it off, etc...., but especially for the matte black soft-touch battery cover.

I wish it came with another USB cable, but still, it was worth it to me.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I don't see the need for the Touchstone. I have to connect the USB to the computer to sync music and transfer files, so I'll be using the USB port a lot anyway. Might as well charge it that way too.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Where is everyone getting the 25% discount from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Where is everyone getting the 25% discount from?
    Sprint Premier customers get 25% off a single accessory.
    I think buying accessories in the Sprint store gets you a discount on accessories.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Sprint Premier customers get 25% off a single accessory.
    Automatically when they check out?

My mom is the account holder and she is a premier customer. Will I get this discount as well?

BTW: I'm not a kid, I'm just still on her account because it saves money.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    When I bought mine, if you bought 2 accessories you got 25% off.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegsta View Post
    Automatically when they check out?

My mom is the account holder and she is a premier customer. Will I get this discount as well?

BTW: I'm not a kid, I'm just still on her account because it saves money.
    If you're using that account to purchase the accessories, I would let them know. And I don't see why not.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    First thing I did was rip that piece of crap off.
    LOL... I guess your keeping it for sure. I am trying not to be to impulsive and will give the Pre a real test drive. If it's a keeper, I'm with you and the little door to the USB plug is history.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polochris View Post
    If you're using that account to purchase the accessories, I would let them know. And I don't see why not.
    Yeah I'll have to make sure they know. Thanks for the help guys.
    corporate customers get 23% off every accessory all the time
    Just call me Berd.
    BTW - it is $50 bicks in the store here @ precentral. I am buying one with my Premier discount - even if it is slow to charge, it will a great place to sit my Pre during the day.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    BTW - it is $50 bicks in the store here @ precentral. I am buying one with my Premier discount - even if it is slow to charge, it will a great place to sit my Pre during the day.
    Cool, thanks for that tip!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast