View Poll Results: Did you buy a touchstone charger?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, sure did!

93 60.39%
  • No.

61 39.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It will be nice to have one. I don't need it. I am expecting third party charges which will be cheaper or same one to drop in price in next six months.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Luxuries, once experienced, become a necessity.
    Quote Originally Posted by skilledone View Post
    Got my touchstone for $34.99 YAY ME
    How did you get such a low price?

I bought one at Best Buy - then realized it wouldn't work as a 2nd charger without buying another cable/power adapter - so it's going back to the store.

Unless I can find one far less expensive, it's not worth it ...
    So shouldn't the next question or poll be: Should you spend $50-$70 on a TS or extended battery (1350 or doubletheoriginal)???

i'm not really in a financial state to buy an accessory that sounds like a convenience when i can get over the bad usb port but the novelty of TS is great. but also i just want that back cover. i feel like i'm a crossroad on what to do with my $70 to make right choice.
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    well worth it
    ya only live once lol
    i paid $50 as that is store cost and alas the price on here!
    sweet that amazon has it for $40! thats a no brainer
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Once Palm gets their act together and provides a compatible, long enough power cable with the Touchstone I will get one. Until then its not worth it.
    Funny question considering we all bought the Pre at $200+ and no one can really justify that purchase as a 'necesity'! I NEED my Facebook and Google contacts and calendars sync'd...yeah right!

With that perspective, I must say that the Touchstone is almost a bigger convenience than the iTunes sync for me! Actually, if you have the Pre, I think its a must to have in order to showcase the device and eliminate charging issues (that microUSB door cant last more than a month or so of constant use)!
    The mini usb slot is easy to get to if you open the slider first. It's quick and easy to open once you get used to it. But you must open slider first.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben7seven7 View Post
    The mini usb slot is easy to get to if you open the slider first. It's quick and easy to open once you get used to it. But you must open slider first.
    exactly.
    For the $30 that Amazon is selling them for, I'd say even more so that the Touchstone is a must have. (Too bad that they're not selling a $40-50 bundle with the necessary back though.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123