1.    #1  
    I have a Pioneer headunit that does bt hands-free. First off, I cannot figure out how to force "always visible," which is required for auto connection. There appears to be a problem with the Pre dealing with the fact that my headunit does both a2dp as well as headset. Signal shows up as zero bars, and doesn't seem to have any functionality whatsoever. Streaming does not work, and neither does handsfree. Fairly disappointing. Any ideas, similar experiences?

Thanks
    I had no problems...I also have a pioneer head unit..w/BT handsfree and XFM NavTraffic. I was able to connect with no problem. I did not change any setting on the head unit. However, all I had to do was make the Pre visible and type in the passcode. The headunit recognized the Pre. I can also connect via bt audio but I get no sound .

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    I had no problems...I also have a pioneer head unit..w/BT handsfree and XFM NavTraffic. I was able to connect with no problem. I did not change any setting on the head unit. However, all I had to do was make the Pre visible and type in the passcode. The headunit recognized the Pre. I can also connect via bt audio but I get no sound .

IGO
    What headunit are you running?
    Avic-d....
    My carkit does not get any of the phonebook on it. I wish Palm would of added phonebook sync...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    My carkit does not get any of the phonebook on it. I wish Palm would of added phonebook sync...
    the only thing I need....gotta manually enter "most dialed' numbers into the head unit.

IGO
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    my pre is paired with my car's bluetooth but it wont auto connect. it seems like i have to be on the bluetooth page everytime to connect. never had to do that with the diamond.

this is such a bummer. i hope palm fixes this but maybe user error. will try again today
    Last edited by ayman86; 06/09/2009 at 10:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I have the pioneer DEH-P7000BT installed in my car. pairing with the PRE was a breeze. This phone was the perfect addition to my car. I downloaded my phone book into the car stereo, the phone works perfect. Call comes in, and I can pick up with the phone or just push a button on the stereo to pick up.

Wireless audio works like a gem too. I was streaming pandora on my way to the gym. You can change the panodra station right from the stereo too.(as well as the standard music player on the PRE)

But here is the best part of PRE to me(in addition to multitasking...blah, blah, blah lol)
    I was on my way to walmart and I decided to try the sprint navigation on the PRE out. While getting sprint navigation directions to walmart (direction are played over the car stereo speakers) I was streaming panodra. Everytime the navigation would have to give directions to say "Make a right turn on ....." it would'nt completely cut off the pandora music. It simply raises the audio level of the navigation while still playing the pandora music in the background. As soon as the navigation is finished it raises back up the audio level of the panodra music without skipping a beat. This phone is too SWEET!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  9.    #9  
    History has shown that no handset will FULLY connect to my hands-free car unit, unless it's set to ALWAYS discoverable.

This ensures that when my phone rings, the deck pauses the song, and switches sources for hands-fee calling. It also connects for BT stereo streaming.

Unfortunately, the Pre doesn't seem to support always-visible. It has a REALLY hard time connecting to my deck (DEH-P980BT.) I have to DELETE the partership, and start from scratch, and then it stays connected until I get out of the car... I have to repeat this process everytime I get in the car.

The phone has to be on always-visible, because the deck itself looks for the phone, and initiates the connection. If I left previous phones in not-discoverable, the phone would connect to the BT when a call came in, or if I made one, but there would be a few rings of delay, and it wasn't convenient.

I have a feeling this is somehow related to the lack of BT profiles.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    I have the pioneer DEH-P7000BT installed in my car. pairing with the PRE was a breeze. This phone was the perfect addition to my car. I downloaded my phone book into the car stereo, the phone works perfect. Call comes in, and I can pick up with the phone or just push a button on the stereo to pick up.

Wireless audio works like a gem too. I was streaming pandora on my way to the gym. You can change the panodra station right from the stereo too.(as well as the standard music player on the PRE)

But here is the best part of PRE to me(in addition to multitasking...blah, blah, blah lol)
    I was on my way to walmart and I decided to try the sprint navigation on the PRE out. While getting sprint navigation directions to walmart (direction are played over the car stereo speakers) I was streaming panodra. Everytime the navigation would have to give directions to say "Make a right turn on ....." it would'nt completely cut off the pandora music. It simply raises the audio level of the navigation while still playing the pandora music in the background. As soon as the navigation is finished it raises back up the audio level of the panodra music without skipping a beat. This phone is too SWEET!
    How the heck did you get it to connect? Maybe I should clear the 'phone' memory in my headunit... Mine is newer, higher-priced, higher-tiered, Premier model... I can't imagine it NOT working right...

this is disappointing
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    How the heck did you get it to connect? Maybe I should clear the 'phone' memory in my headunit... Mine is newer, higher-priced, higher-tiered, Premier model... I can't imagine it NOT working right...

this is disappointing
    Try clearing like you said maybe that might work. Is there a reason you make your PRE not discoverable? mine automatically connects when I get in the car. The manual (CD) that came with the stereo has alot of helpful tips.
    Last edited by hova; 06/11/2009 at 12:14 PM.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    Try clearing like you said maybe that might work. Is there a reason you make your PRE not discoverable? mine automatically connects when I get in the car. The manually on the CD that came with the stereo has alot of helpful tips.
    I reset everything yesterday, and paired, saved the phone in the deck, and set the deck to auto-connect.

Nothing happens unless I am just turning on BT on the Pre, then it connects. If I walk out of range, and get back in the car, it will not connect. I have to tap the BT menu and click connect.

This is the same EXACT behavior that my WM phones had, until I set them to always-discoverable. I am clueless as to why Palm would not have this most basic BT feature available. Perhaps there is a way I can set it through some sort of dev-mode preference change...

So for you, your phone can be set to BT-on, all day, then you just get in your car, without touching the phone, or anything on the deck, and it just connects, no problem? I can't stand having to manually pair the phone every time, as that ruins the whole point... it's supposed to be a seamless transition from handset-to-car.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Yeah, everytime I get in the car, I just look on the deck and I see it's starting to pair. I just checked my PRE and it says my PRE is discoverable. I guess that means I dont turn it off.
  14.    #14  
    Anytime you open the BT preferences, it becomes discoverable.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Anytime you open the BT preferences, it becomes discoverable.
    I just noticed something about my stereo, it has an "Auto Connet" which I set to ON this is different from the Auto Answer. Give that a try. Hope that helps.