Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I picked up the touchstone today with both Pre's. Some observations:

1. Charging time is at least 50% slower probably closer to 60% or so less than the direct plug. Tested this with my wife's Pre on the direct plug and mine on the touchstone.

2. The back of the phone does get pretty hot, I'm not sure I really like that actually as I'm afraid prolong use may damage the battery

3. Phone stays pretty firmly yet it is easy to take off. I can hold the touchstone up and the phone will stay on it although I'm not sure I'd take the chance and put it on a wall or anything but it might be possible.

4. The recessed spot on the actual charger is sort of annoying but not a big deal at all.

5. The extra back you get with the touchstone (matte finish) is much nicer than the plastic one and shows no prints.

Overall I'm not terribly impressed with it nor would I recommend it to anyone except that its sort of cool looking and the back is very nice.
    I just want the matte finish back. I could care less about a touchstone charger. Just give me the standard direct plug.
    Does the matte back add any weight to the phone?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    no. it's so worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    I just want the matte finish back. I could care less about a touchstone charger. Just give me the standard direct plug.
    trust me you don't want to fumble with that microUSB door.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    No. The feel is fairly similar but the big thing is it doesn't show prints or grease.

Snapping the original cover off was a challenge for me and the new one sort of gave the phone a cheap feel to it but that was because it wasn't fully snapped on. I took it off and reapplied and now its VERY NICE and firm.

I think people that were complaining about the cheap feel didn't have the covers all the way on and it wasn't really obvious that it was loose or anything it just felt cheap. Extra snap and poof solid as a rock.
    I'm going to do more charging on the touchstone than with the micro-usb port. One knock on the phone for me is the micro-usb door seems like it could easily break off if not careful.

Oh and definitely like the matte black back cover over the glossy cover.
    Can anyone find just the replacement matte cover for $20?? Sprint & some online stores were supposed to have it but havent seen anything.

I bought 2 Pres & wanna use a single Touchstone unit for my wife & I, but only one cover comes in the box.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Does the car charger cord work with the touchstone? The car would be a great place for it.

I'm frustrated that the TS doesn't come with its own charging cable. You have to use the cable that comes with the phone. I wrongly assumed that buying the TS gave me a second *place* to charge the phone. I just returned to Sprint to get a second charge cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Does the car charger cord work with the touchstone? The car would be a great place for it.

I'm frustrated that the TS doesn't come with its own charging cable. You have to use the cable that comes with the phone. I wrongly assumed that buying the TS gave me a second *place* to charge the phone. I just returned to Sprint to get a second charge cable.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    trust me you don't want to fumble with that microUSB door.
    True, true... rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post

I actually was buying a car charger for the extra micro usb cable but it's a connected cable, it's not micro usb or removable, just a normal car charger. The Sprint rep was kinda annoyed when I told him I didn't want it anymore for that reason.
    coolest thing about the touchstone is that you can bring it into the car, and put in on the dash and use it as your navigation it plugs into the car charger! The thing sticks to anything!
    do you have to use the matte back? my pre (yea!) isn't sticking to the stone
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I actually was buying a car charger for the extra micro usb cable but it's a connected cable, it's not micro usb or removable, just a normal car charger. The Sprint rep was kinda annoyed when I told him I didn't want it anymore for that reason.
    I didn't understand what you meant by "connected cable." The jack that plugs into the Pre is the very same jack that plugs into the TS; you're even expected to use the same cable.

However, I've just determined that the collar around the Sprint car charger is too fat to allow connection with the TS. I wonder if that was intentional or just an oversight.

In any case, I think we can expect some third party to provide an inductive car charger in the future.
    The touchstone sounds awesome, but what can you do about a spare battery? I am thinking of picking one up but I don't see the feasibility of charging two batteries in one phone...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ido View Post
    do you have to use the matte back? my pre (yea!) isn't sticking to the stone
    Yes, you need to use the matte back if you're using the Touchstone.
  18. msb
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    YES! I couldn't believe that a $70 charger doesn't come with it's own charging cable!

I love the new back and the cordless charging, but with the battery issues, I was hoping this would give me an extra charging place (work & home)... no dice.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Is anyone but me concerned about the cover for the USB connector on the phone. My gosh it feels awful flimsy and was a real pain to get open. It's held on by a plastic thread almost.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    mine just started to wheeze at me (high pitched purr) lasted a few mins.. now is gone.. hope that's not a common thing
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast