Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    What I don't like is if you put the phone to sleep on the touchstone you get a clock but not the state of the charging process,you have to unlock it.
    Last edited by Mr Bigs; 06/06/2009 at 09:03 PM.
    I'm having trouble getting the back off to put the touchstone on. Any tips? Does it slide up or down to come off or do you just pull?
    Quote Originally Posted by bommarkm View Post
    I'm having trouble getting the back off to put the touchstone on. Any tips? Does it slide up or down to come off or do you just pull?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ery-cover.html
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The touchstone is perfect to keep at work where I am constantly taking the phone on and off the charger.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Also it beats having to open the charger door every time
    I got it. I didn't want to fiddle with the "trap" door which I KNOW I'll break eventually. Not happy about the heat issue. Otherwise, no big deal but it may save the trap door. Not worried about the charging time because it basically goes on at night or for an hour or more at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by bommarkm View Post
    There' a touchstone video on the homepage that's helpful. Be careful, like a good lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
    What I don't like is if you put the phone to sleep on the touchstone you get a clock but no the state of the charging process,you have to unlock it.
    you have an excellent point there. Why doesn't the screen show you battery life when on the dock.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    coolest thing about the touchstone is that you can bring it into the car, and put in on the dash and use it as your navigation it plugs into the car charger! The thing sticks to anything!
    How did you plug the touchstone in the car? The sprint car charger will not fit the TS. Can we use a generic car charger to usb plug?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Well crud. I was hoping the car charger would fit inside the touchstone. I REALLY don't want to be messing with that USB door to charge the thing in the car! I am so afraid it will snap off. Now wondering if I should take the car charger back (unopened). Thoughts? I mean I wanted it for GPS, but the USB door scares the heck out of me.

I almost didn't get the touchstone either. Ended up changing my mind and getting it at the last minute (and got the last one in the Sprint store too!). So glad I did now that I have seen the USB door.

Question? Has anyone tried putting the unit on the touchstone with it plugged into the computer's USB port, rather than the electric adapter? It doesn't seem to charge for me when plugged into the computer. Is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Question? Has anyone tried putting the unit on the touchstone with it plugged into the computer's USB port, rather than the electric adapter? It doesn't seem to charge for me when plugged into the computer. Is that normal?
    The touchstone charger documentation says it has to be powered from AC and not from computer usb port.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    The touchstone charger documentation says it has to be powered from AC and not from computer usb port.
    I guess it WOULD help if I read it...
    Question? Has anyone tried putting the unit on the touchstone with it plugged into the computer's USB port, rather than the electric adapter? It doesn't seem to charge for me when plugged into the computer. Is that normal?[/QUOTE]

I must admit, I am somewhat dissapointed by the touchstone device. I was also under the assumption that the touchstone would include a wall charging cable and adapter. Second, it's too bad the micro usb cable won't work when plugged into a computer.

I do like the convenience of just setting the phone on top of the touchstone though. 20% off 2 or more accessories was a pretty good deal at the sprint store as well.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by busta_busta View Post
    I must admit, I am somewhat dissapointed by the touchstone device. I was also under the assumption that the touchstone would include a wall charging cable and adapter. Second, it's too bad the micro usb cable won't work when plugged into a computer.

I do like the convenience of just setting the phone on top of the touchstone though. 20% off 2 or more accessories was a pretty good deal at the sprint store as well.
    I know what you mean, but I am so glad NOT to have to deal with that USB door, an even bigger pain than not being able to charge from the computer. But, alas, I need to find an empty outlet for everyday charging, which isn't going to be easy in my office...LOL!

I agree, they could have put a cable in there, that felt like a rip, but I was happy to get my 20% off the three accessories I bought too. Not too sure about the car charger though, because of the USB door thingy. I just know I am going to break it if I play with it too much.
    My touchstone is somewhat finicky. Sometimes when I put the Pre on the charger, it doesnt charge. Anyone else have this issue?
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    The Touchstone back cover causes my phone to crash when opening and closing the slider. I don't believe the two metal prongs on the phone and the contacts on the Touchstone back cover are very well designed.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    My touchstone is somewhat finicky. Sometimes when I put the Pre on the charger, it doesnt charge. Anyone else have this issue?
    Yes. It seems like I have to place it in a certain place to get it to actually charge. Most of the time it goes on fine, but sometimes it seems to miss the mark.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to have the screen turn off when it is on the TS? These screens have a limited lifetime...especially the backlighting...and they get dim with time. No need to accelerate that. Besides, having the screen on must slow down the charging.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Maybe some of these chargers will work with the TS

Amazon.com: charger for palm pre
    Has anybody tried to use a generic micro USB to connect to the touchstone?, does it fit?, will it charge the phone?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast