Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hey All,

Just picked up my Pre 30 minutes ago and loving it! One question/concern I had.. I noticed the leather Palm case I bought with the phone has a magnet to seal it shut. Is this going to effect the hard-drive off the phone. I'm kind of nervous with the magnet sitting right at the phones center.

Maybe there is something I dont know? Any insight?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Hey All,

Just picked up my Pre 30 minutes ago and loving it! One question/concern I had.. I noticed the leather Palm case I bought with the phone has a magnet to seal it shut. Is this going to effect the hard-drive off the phone. I'm kind of nervous with the magnet sitting right at the phones center.

There is no hard drive in the phone. Do you think they would sell you something that would cause harm to the phone?????
    Quote Originally Posted by LEED3D View Post
    Hey All,

No, This is like having a Solid State Drive (SSD) or Flash Memory. Magnets only ruin Hard Drives (with the disc). Also, why would that matter, if they use magnets on the matte Touchstone battery cover, and Touchstone itself?
    It's flash memory, not a HD. The magnet will not affect it.
    n00b!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    haha this is true. pretty sure it wasn't an issue just wanted to make sure. completely forgot about the magnet touchstone. thanks for the replies