Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    It doesn't come with a cable. I bought two of them and only have the one cable that came with the Pre itself. You'd think for $70, they would throw in a cable.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Pm if you'd like to ell one of the extra backs.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Get a cable on eBay, they are like $3 shipped from Hong Kong. It's just a MicroUSB cable, which kinda makes it even more ridiculous why Palm won't include one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    It doesn't come with a cable. I bought two of them and only have the one cable that came with the Pre itself. You'd think for $70, they would throw in a cable.
    Yup its a huge rip-off.. I wont be getting one until they are like $15 if that'll ever happen.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Get a cable on eBay, they are like $3 shipped from Hong Kong. It's just a MicroUSB cable, which kinda makes it even more ridiculous why Palm won't include one.
    actually the Touchstone is meant to be plugged into the walls electrical outlet not the USB port of your computer. I dont know if its supposed to work with powered USB.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    actually the Touchstone is meant to be plugged into the walls electrical outlet not the USB port of your computer. I dont know if its supposed to work with powered USB.
    It can do either. It has a MircroUSB port on it.
    I don't think it works with a regular microSD cable. Although, you could use the cable that comes with the PRE for the touchstone and a cheapier for general charging. I'm thinking the Sprint cable must have some kind of AC passthrough to make the induction work.

I doubt your getting induction out of 5v DC
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    USB cables give out the same power, regardless of where they are plugged in. And yes, you can also get a microUSB charger on eBay ($3):

Car Charger $2.91 - Micro-USB Cell Phone Car Charger for Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 390057496526 end time Jul-05-09 14:20:12 PDT)

Wall Charger $3 - Micro USB Home Charger Adapter for Motorola RAZR2 V8 V9 - eBay (item 220415635005 end time Jun-14-09 14:49:38 PDT)

Cable Only $2.50 - New Micro USB Data Cable for LG enV2 VX9100 VX9700 DARE - eBay (item 250429600400 end time Jun-21-09 03:39:45 PDT)

(Don't worry about the model names, microUSB is a standard, and they will work with your Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    USB cables give out the same power, regardless of where they are plugged in.
    From wikipedia:

In Battery Charging Specification, new powering modes are added to the USB specification. A host or hub charger can supply maximum 1.5 A when communicating at low-speed or full-speed, maximum 900 mA when communicating at hi-speed, no upper current limit when no communication is taking place. A dedicated charger can supply maximum 1.5 A of current. A portable device can draw up to 1.8 A from a dedicated charger. The dedicated charger shorts the D+ and D- pins together and will not send or receive any information on those lines, allowing very simple, high current chargers to be manufactured. The increased current (faster charging) will occur once the host/hub and devices both support the new charging specification.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    My old Treo800w cable worked perfectly with the touchstone.
    It is disgusting that they won't throw in a second cable. I don't want to unplug my touchstone from behind my desk whenever I want to sync music or pictures.
    I was thinking of getting the touchstone, but is it not worth it? Cant the touchstone charge it without the touchstone being plugged into the wall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    I was thinking of getting the touchstone, but is it not worth it? Cant the touchstone charge it without the touchstone being plugged into the wall?
    The touchstone needs to be plugged into the wall to get enough power.
    There will be knock off Touchstomes on Ebay soon enough. Always is. ANd they always work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    Where would it get power from?
    Or light your house and Pre on fire like all the knock off battery stories you hear, but if you can save a buck I guess it's a risk worth taking for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    There will be knock off Touchstomes on Ebay soon enough. Always is. ANd they always work.
    haha will they also be called Touchstomes? cause that wouldn't surprise me
    I never ever would buy those batterys on Ebay but I have purchased the Knock off chargers , Bases , Cords, cases. I purchased the Siedio case for my Centro and it was liek $40 . It broke. I got a knockoff ( same thing almost exactly) one bay for $5 and it still is perfect after 2 years. Still have my knockoff wall charger. $2 compared to there $35 one. Again batterys are a real risk but not chargers.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    yeah Im not sure Id want to hook up a 500+ dollar device to a 3 dollar product. Especially not one that heats the phone upto 113 degrees while in use.
    Yeah I see your point.

yeah Im not sure Id want to hook up a 500+ dollar device to a 3 dollar product. Especially not one that heats the phone upto 113 degrees while in use.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast