Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 104
  1. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #81  
    I received mine yesterday, I am going to install them after I get off work tonight. I will do before and after pics, Macro pics of course I'll be on later.
  2. #82  
    First day at work with the bodyguardz on my Pre. I put the Pre in my Palm belt holster and drove to work. When I got there I went to take the Pre out via the little pull tab on the holster (if you haven't seen a belt holster for the Pre, it has this little ribbon like ones that go behind batteries that help you pull them out. The ribbon has a tab attached that allows you to pull out and raise the phone from the holster. When I got the Pre out of the holster, I noticed a wear mark on the Bodyguardz screen side where the ribbon had sat against the screen. I tried to rub it off but its not rubbing off. I shrugged it off and put it back in the holster. I just took my phone out again to answer an alert, and the marks are now even larger. I can't wait to see how this thing looks at the end of the day.

    It may be coming off and going back for return tonight if this keeps up.
  3. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #83  
    Sorry guys, I ran into a few things so I wasn't able to put them on, but I will post asap when do get them on.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    First day at work with the bodyguardz on my Pre. I put the Pre in my Palm belt holster and drove to work. When I got there I went to take the Pre out via the little pull tab on the holster (if you haven't seen a belt holster for the Pre, it has this little ribbon like ones that go behind batteries that help you pull them out. The ribbon has a tab attached that allows you to pull out and raise the phone from the holster. When I got the Pre out of the holster, I noticed a wear mark on the Bodyguardz screen side where the ribbon had sat against the screen. I tried to rub it off but its not rubbing off. I shrugged it off and put it back in the holster. I just took my phone out again to answer an alert, and the marks are now even larger. I can't wait to see how this thing looks at the end of the day.

    It may be coming off and going back for return tonight if this keeps up.
    The holster is a pretty tight fit. I'd rather the mark be on the film rather than my screen.
  5. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #85  
    Hi everyone, ok I have attatched some photos of what it looks like with the front Bodyguardz, I will be doing the back later. As a note the sides are pretty time consuming and you will want to wait a few minutes after you get the main part set in before you start on the sides.

    You can also see in some of the photos that there is a misty bubbly look under the skin, this is the solution that will dry in 24-48 hours. I should have some updated shots of that as well.

    I do like the feel of the skin its not "sticky" as some would put it, it feels durable and its fairly clear from the initial setup, I have been reading it will get even more clear as it drys, so I hope the pics are helpful let me know if you have any other questions about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. Aggie PT's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #86  
    Thanks for posting the pics. Do you see any orange peel effect? Does it annoy you that the corners aren't fully protected?

    Would you mind posting some more pictures after it has dried? I'm curious if these skins dry enough to where you don't notice them much.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    I've read someone's post that they put it over the touchstone back, but I can't understand why you would put a glossy piece of plastic over a matte rubbery finish. I personally would leave it off. If your back ever scratches just buy a new one from palm. They are 19.99.
    Exactly!
  8. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. Do you see any orange peel effect? Does it annoy you that the corners aren't fully protected?

    Would you mind posting some more pictures after it has dried? I'm curious if these skins dry enough to where you don't notice them much.
    No, I don't see any orange peel effect whatsoever. The covering of the corners doesnt bother me too much just because my main concern is the screen itself, and the corners are covered enough for common scratches.

    Sure, I will post some more pictures later on, but I can see the bubbles slowly disappearing. Also to note, I really noticed that fingerprints don't show at all, unless your fingers are greasy
  9. Aggie PT's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #89  
    Thanks. I'll check back later for the pics. Would the corners be protected enough if you dropped it?
  10. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #90  
    Yes, they would be protected if you dropped it, but the power button wouldn't be covered, but thats about it.
  11. #91  
    Yes the corners are protected enough for a drop. As you can see in the pic to the left it looks very good.
  12. Aggie PT's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #92  
    How did you guys decide on the bodyguardz vs. ghost armor, phantom skinz, etc.?
  13. #93  
    i just installed my bodyguardz, but i had to remove it once because it wasn't on straight. i thought it looked straight, then i let it dry for about 10 minutes, and realized that the backside was all lopsided, and the front had a ton of bubbles i couldn't work out. so i just carefully peeled it off without stretching it, and reapplied it using the same piece. is that cool? i didn't want to use the back up as ill have another phone to be using it on soon (hopefully), and so i just reused the same one. is it ok to be using the same piece? will it show a bunch of finger prints on the sticky side?

    i'm going to give it 28 hours and see if it looks better, and then if it doesn't, i'll remove and try the back up protector. will i be able to get a replacement from bodyguardz for the first one that i screwed up?
  14. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #94  
    No, it shouldn't show any fingerprints as long as you had solution on your fingers when you were peeling it, I had to lift it up slightly to get bubbles out after I had applied it and there arent any fingerprints.
  15. rcram's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie PT View Post
    How did you guys decide on the bodyguardz vs. ghost armor, phantom skinz, etc.?
    I chose Bodyguardz, just because I read a lot of reviews that stated that it was a lot more clean looking and didnt have the orange peel effect. Also it comes with 2 full sets so if you mess up on the first you have a back up AND you have the lifetime warranty that comes with it.
  16. #96  
    doh, i tried keeping my hand west, but it did dry out here and there. i really hope there's not finger prints here and there.
  17. #97  
    hey, anyone know how to order a replacement (just in case)? i can't find the link on bodyguardz's website.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by sambao21 View Post
    hey, anyone know how to order a replacement (just in case)? i can't find the link on bodyguardz's website.
    After you log in, a new menu item shows up on the left (Replacements). It cost $4.99 for shipping and once you get your replacement skin, you have to send in your old one to be eligible for future replacements.
  19. Cr12's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #99  
    i put mine on and had a horrible time with the corners, ( didnt wait long enough) thinking about taking it off to use the back up, if you mail it back can you send it in a reg envelope?
    thanks,
  20. Cr12's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #100  
    also i have used invisible shield in the past, body guardz are way better, IS feels sticky, this is smooth mostly, attracts fingerprints, but easy to wipe off with anything.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions