Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (1st Post)
    Hey i was thinking about buying these bodyguardz things for my palm pre (which im patiently awaiting to come to me in the mail, my friend was able to get me one) and after reading this thread i started to see mixed feelings on this protection. SO what is the final verdict on this??? Does it ruin the look at all? Does it work well??? Im usually a guy that takes pretty good care of my phone but for this new phone i want to be extra careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Just got mine in today. Only took two days to get to FL from UT. Took about 10 min to but it on. Does not look very good just yet (lots of bubbles) but we will see in about 24hrs.
    I received by bodyguardz today also. It took 2 days from to get to Connecticut. I am a little nervous putting it on. Did it go on easy? I am looking for the easiest and best way to put it on. I am a klutz and two left hand. If anyone has a video or can explain exactly how they put the bodyguardz protector on. It would be appreciated. By the way I only got it for the front, not the whole body. Do you wash your hands first, then spray your hands, pick up the protector, spray the protector on the sticky side. Place it on the PRE. Do you spray the outer side like you do the Invisible shield or just spray only one side. I know you squeegee out the water and dry with towel. Am I missing anything. All the pro's on installation please chime in.
    Also should I remove the battery or just leave it in.
    Well the first try did no got so well but thank God for lifetime replacement. Be sure to wash your hands good and spray them down with the Bodygaurdz solution. Just turn the the phone off no need to remove the battery. Spray the film at least 6 or 7 times with the solution while keeping you hands most with the solution. Once you get it lined up on top with the earpiece hold the bottom part up and squeegee your way down to remove all bubbles. Then take your time with the sides it is not to difficult and you might have to let them dry for about 10 min to get them to stick down good. Just remember to keep your hands moist with the solution. After about 15min or so you should just go over it one more time to be sure edges a re sticking down good.

Here is a pic after about 3hrs. Looks pretty good to me. It should look much better tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alvin319; 06/10/2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It doesn't look like there is excess of an opening on the mic or center button, unlike the photo that i was just looking that of the Ghost Skin, Is it perfectly cut for the openings?

Edit: Just to clarify, it looks perfect, I wouldn't like the excess of a hole punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcram View Post
    It doesn't look like there is excess of an opening on the mic or center button, unlike the photo that i was just looking that of the Ghost Skin, Is it perfectly cut for the openings?

Edit: Just to clarify, it looks perfect, I wouldn't like the excess of a hole punch.
    I know for a fact there are openings for the mic, as well as the center button. If you look closely at the picture, even, you can see that there are openings.

EDIT: It appears though that BodyGuardz's hole for the mic is smaller than Ghost Armor's.
    Well the first try did no got so well but thank God for lifetime replacement. Be sure to wash your hands good and spray them down with the Bodygaurdz solution. Just turn the the phone off no need to remove the battery. Spray the film at least 6 or 7 times with the solution while keeping you hands most with the solution. Once you get it lined up on top with the earpiece hold the bottom part up and squeegee your way down to remove all bubbles. Then take your time with the sides it is not to difficult and you might have to let them dry for about 10 min to get them to stick down good. Just remember to keep your hands moist with the solution. After about 15min or so you should just go over it one more time to be sure edges a re sticking down good.

Here is a pic after about 3hrs. Looks pretty good to me. It should look much better tomorrow.
    I know I requested this for the Ghost Armor, but I'm interested to see the sides and corners for the BodyGuardz as well. If you can, can you post close-ups. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Ya, I saw that, he was saying there is an opening for the mic, but the center button just looks too big on the ghost skin.
    Well here you go. The holes are cut just perfect, you can barly see them. The sides look great as you can see also. Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am now going to order them for sure, thank you so much for pics and info.
    Well here you go. The holes are cut just perfect, you can barly see them. The sides look great as you can see also. Enjoy.
    looks good...got mine in the mail today but just too effing tired to fuss with it
    wow that looks perfect, Im going to go right ahead and order mine now!
    Looks like the sides leave a bit of the edge uncovered. Is this the case? I will be pretty disappointed as I thought it was going to cover every inch of the screen
    I like the coverage is better in the corners than Ghost Armor. I'm not a fan of those thin strips covering the corners though. They peeled back on my iPod Touch. Took a while though. Maybe in the first year. How about a picture of the back please?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Looks like the sides leave a bit of the edge uncovered. Is this the case? I will be pretty disappointed as I thought it was going to cover every inch of the screen
    Look closely. It does cover every inch of the screen. Only gaps are in the corners.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Look closely. It does cover every inch of the screen. Only gaps are in the corners.
    That's what i mean. The corners appear to not be covered at all.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    If they are so good and there are lifetime repleacements why do they give me 2?
    whats the best way to protect the Pre against a drop?
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    If they are so good and there are lifetime repleacements why do they give me 2?
    Because, just like what happened to me, I messed up on the first one, and then put on the second one right. You would of had to wait. They expect you to mess up unless you are a professional. I hope I installed it ok. I have two left hands. The corners were a little tough and a few bubbles. The only problem is that it looks like a small are has a little dimple (like a little dent), like something got stuck underneath. I will have to wait till tomorrow to see once it dries. Otherwise the second went on better. Does that mean I could ask for a replacement on the first one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    That's what i mean. The corners appear to not be covered at all.
    You should wait until someone posts an InvisibleShield covered Pre then. They usually have the most coverage.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast