Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just ordered screen only. But I have the Palm leather magnetic case also. I also have the Touchstone, and for me the screen only is fine. Plus it looks like putting on the rest might be the difficult part. For all of my phones I have never needed full body coverage, because I left it in the case.
  2.    #22  
    i just tracked mine i will have it in a few hours and ill be able to tell you how much the full body covers
    Hey guys I just bought the bodyguardz protector. Enter "macworld" in the coupon code to get 20% off or $2.99 off the screen protector only. I have the touchstone and don't see the need for the back.
    To restate my inquiry, I'm thinking if you buy the full guard it should be separated into two parts: back and front slider guards. We who have the touchtone will have no need for the back, like you said BUT I'm assuming the front face portion will cover more than just the screen (sides on the front slider section) vs the "screen only" guard. Of course, I'm just thinking out loud.

post updates / yalls opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintlv View Post
    Hey guys I just bought the bodyguardz protector. Enter "macworld" in the coupon code to get 20% off or $2.99 off the screen protector only. I have the touchstone and don't see the need for the back.
    Ordered my BG protector. Can't wait to get it on for peace of mind.
  6.    #26  
    why no need for the back? i just put the back screen protector on my touchstone back. it looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by c4sper View Post
    why no need for the back? i just put the back screen protector on my touchstone back. it looks good.
    Really? Any pictures? I can't imagine that will stay stuck.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    The coupon code 'Macworld" works; if you're buying the front cover only, it effectively makes shipping free (1st class postage).

Got mine ordered; hopefully it comes in soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    The coupon code 'Macworld" works; if you're buying the front cover only, it effectively makes shipping free (1st class postage).

Got mine ordered; hopefully it comes in soon!
    I ordered it before I knew the code. Oh well. I only got the front screen only. I have it in the Palm leather case all the time. I only wanted to protect the screen.
    I ordered the full kit because "screen only" makes it sound like they could possibly have a separate piece for only protecting around the screen rather than the entire glossy top. A full kit comes with a top and bottom. They don't seem to call it a screen and bottom. I just wanted to be sure I had full coverage on top, so, I ordered the full even though I don't need the bottom(s).

I also figured it might be best to try and apply the bottom on the glossy back piece that I no longer use (due to touchstone) first to get an idea of what it will be like before possibly wasting a good cover on the top.
    Does the back cover work with the touchstone? I ordered my full set yesterday and it shipped yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Does the back cover work with the touchstone? I ordered my full set yesterday and it shipped yesterday.
    I've read someone's post that they put it over the touchstone back, but I can't understand why you would put a glossy piece of plastic over a matte rubbery finish. I personally would leave it off. If your back ever scratches just buy a new one from palm. They are 19.99.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    just ordered mine (front only). definitely use the "macworld" coupon code, $2.99 off
    How's the "resistance" on these screen protectors? Thats one major reason why I never liked invisible shield on my iPhone and used a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector. That thing was smooth and never picked up fingerprints either.
    Once someone gets one of the bodyguardz, can they let me know the experience of putting it on the Pre. How easy was it, how you did it. How long did it take you to put it on? How long you let it sit before you turned on your device, (ie 24 hours) Do you have to take out the battery, etc.

Pictures or video would be nice if you have a way of doing this.

Thanks again. I am nervous about putting this on and I only got the screen, not the full body.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    How's the "resistance" on these screen protectors? Thats one major reason why I never liked invisible shield on my iPhone and used a Power Support Anti-Glare screen protector. That thing was smooth and never picked up fingerprints either.
    Yeah I have an InvisibleShield on my iPod Touch and have seen it with Power Support's Anti-glare. The anti-glare looks and feels so much better. I'm hoping for a full front anti-glare screen protector that covers the gesture area too. Only problem with that is that the sides around the screen wouldn't be covered.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Just got mine in today. Only took two days to get to FL from UT. Took about 10 min to but it on. Does not look very good just yet (lots of bubbles) but we will see in about 24hrs.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Shipped fast, affordable and Installation was pretty easy.

Final Verdict: I just made my beautiful phone look like a grandmas sofa.

Dang is this thing ugly with a shield on. I guess I'll see how it goes but I may end up just using a plain old screen guard since the only part I want to protect is the touchscreen. All the stuff going around the corners and everything are touch to make look right and unecessary (to me).
    Thanks! I needed something to protect my precious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Shipped fast, affordable and Installation was pretty easy.

Final Verdict: I just made my beautiful phone look like a grandmas sofa.

Dang is this thing ugly with a shield on. I guess I'll see how it goes but I may end up just using a plain old screen guard since the only part I want to protect is the touchscreen. All the stuff going around the corners and everything are touch to make look right and unecessary (to me).
    It's going to turn yellow too but at least it's less noticeable since the whole phone is black.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast