Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    I don't know how true it is. I don't know if they are simply trying to sell licensed accessories. But, take it with a grain of salt.
    it's completely not true. not sure if you need to have the car charger now or not but i'd buy a 3 dollar one off of google checkout.

really, any micro-usb car charger will do.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by temperamentalman View Post
    OK folks...I haven't taken the time to review all the threads and see if this has been posted. Two of my friends, one a technician for Sprint, the other Store Sales told me about their weekly meetings today.

Palm reps were there and STRONGLY advised Sprint staff to ensure the new Pre owners only used official chargers from Palm. 3rd party charging solutions WILL, not might, WILL damage the battery.

I don't know how true it is. I don't know if they are simply trying to sell licensed accessories. But, take it with a grain of salt.

buy any motorola RAZR chargers
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I bought a 6.99 charger from Amazon that said it would work with the Pre and the second I plugged it in, random apps started opening and closing and the cards were switching back and forth on their own. The touchscreen was unresponsive and the phone was acting generally haywire. So can we stop with the speculation of "the plug is the same so it will work" and post links to chargers people have actually bought and tested?
    I have an I go charger .You can change the tips for many different kind of phones,mp 3 players etc...,so I used for my blackberry with mini usb and now I have the micro tip,but the charger to work i have to turn off the phone.If i got the phone with their charger and go and plug it to the car charger it will not charge. I turn the phone off and on and the phone start charging ,so is maybe a little difference .
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    buy any motorola RAZR chargers
    Do new RAZR's have micro-USB?

Because both my fiances and step-mothers RAZR's have mini-USB.
    Same as my old MotoQ.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12