1.    #1  
    One nice thing about the iPhone's glass screen is if you keep it in a dedicated pocket you really dont need a screen protector. Some people will tell you otherwise, but I beg to differ. Both my iPhones (original & 3G) never had screen protectors on them and my screens looked as good as the day I got them. The glass of the iPhone's screen is so scratch resistant that if it was to be scratched a screen protector wouldnt make a difference.

Its a different story with the Curve I had on Verizon. I kept the Curve in a dedicated pocket just like I did with my iPhones. What I found out is that over time the Curve's plastic screen became "hazy" after going in and out my pockets countless times.

I like keeping my phone in my pocket and plan on doing the same with the Pre. However, unlike the iPhone, the Pre's plastic screen requires a screen protector to prevent "hazying".

What I am wondering is if the Pre's flush screen will make a screen protector more apt to come off at the corners from the repeated in's and out's of storage in a pocket or case? Will a screen protector distract from the clean smooth surface of the Pre's "face"?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The thing that I haven't really heard anybody talk enough about is this scratch resistant coating that is supposed to cover the entire device. Is this something special or is this something that is included on all phones and they are just deciding to mention it?

If somebody knows more about this I'd love to hear it.
    The iPhone screen is pretty flush and I've had a screen protector on since day one with out a problem and I carried it around in my pocket. The Pre, the screen is flush but it seems like it curves around the entire device. It's just not flat but after seeing the video and how it got scratched, I'm definitely getting a screen protector for it. I haven't seen any pre-orders for one but someone is going to make them.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 06/05/2009 at 04:28 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    The iPhone screen is pretty flush and I've had a screen protector on since day one with out a problem and I carried it around in my pocket. The Pre, the screen is flush but it seems like curves around the entire device. It's just not flat but after seeing the video and how it got scratched, I'm definitely getting a screen protector for it. I haven't seen any pre-orders for one but someone is going to make them.
    The iPhone has a bezel outside its screen which to me isnt flush. The Pre has no outside bezel... a screen protector will sit on the Pre's face and the lack of a bezel (which I think makes the phone very attractive BTW) will expose the edges of the screen protector, which were sort of protected by the iPhone's bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    The iPhone screen is pretty flush and I've had a screen protector on since day one with out a problem and I carried it around in my pocket. The Pre, the screen is flush but it seems like it curves around the entire device. It's just not flat but after seeing the video and how it got scratched, I'm definitely getting a screen protector for it. I haven't seen any pre-orders for one but someone is going to make them.
    I know for sure that Zagg (Invisible Shield) and Ghost Armor have been taking pre-orders for both screen and full-body shields.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    The iPhone has a bezel outside its screen which to me isnt flush. The Pre has no outside bezel... a screen protector will sit on the Pre's face and the lack of a bezel (which I think makes the phone very attractive BTW) will expose the edges of the screen protector, which were sort of protected by the iPhone's bezel.
    You're right. I was thinking it was flush on the top, like the bezel and glass are at the same height. So when you add a protector on top, you can definitely tell that the protector is higher than the bezel. But even then the bezel takes the scrape and deflects it away from the glass when rubbed against something.