Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    In Slashgear's review they mention that in order to use the touchstone you have to use the wall adapter that comes with the Pre:

Palm’s decision not to bundle a wall adapter with the Touchstone and instead expect you to use that which came with the Pre feels cheap, and the fact that a standard computer USB port won’t put out sufficient power for the Touchstone’s liking is frustrating.
    Does that mean if you buy 2 touchstones, you would also need to somehow buy another wall adapter?
    yap thank good I already have a charger from my treo pro which is the same charge so I can get two touchstones
    Yes you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBC View Post
    In Slashgear's review they mention that in order to use the touchstone you have to use the wall adapter that comes with the Pre:

Does that mean if you buy 2 touchstones, you would also need to somehow buy another wall adapter?
    "Somehow"? lol, Um, Just buy one.. lol. There isn't much to figure out
    Problem solved for less than a quarter.
    Amazon.com: iPod USB Travel Power Charger Adapter for Nano, Shuffle, 4G, Mini, Photo and U2- HHI Brand: Electronics

You'll have to supply the microUSB cable, but those are cheap as well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Wouldn't this also work if the base units were close together since it has two outputs: http://store.treocentral.com/griffin.../5A17A4087.htm
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    Problem solved for less than a quarter.
    Amazon.com: iPod USB Travel Power Charger Adapter for Nano, Shuffle, 4G, Mini, Photo and U2- HHI Brand: Electronics

You'll have to supply the microUSB cable, but those are cheap as well.
    Almost solved. He's going to need a second Micro USB cable too. After reading another poster's suggestion I bought a couple of spares off monoprice.com
    Yeah but makes you wonder why on Palms accessory flier, did it mention that you must use Palm branded items with this? I'm thinking it's a bunch of BS just for them to make more money and move more units. But.. still something worth not overlooking
    Does it work with the car charger?
    Wont know until someone tries. As I recall there was an issue raised with the DC output of the car and how it interacts with the induction charging effect. But I am not knowledgeable enough about that field to speak to it.
    [QUOTE=JimmieGeddes;1635035]Problem solved for less than a quarter.

great option! cause i wanted to get a ST for work & home...has anyone (or have u jimmiegeddes)? but good or bad...its less then a buck!
    ohio state SUCKS!! & michigan state will never measure up!
    p.s. lakers SUCK too!! GO PISTONS!!
    I hope someone can help with this one. I just bought a wall charger from Best buy (rocketfish) and the amp output is .6A, the wall charger that came with the Pre is 1.0A, voltage is the same on both.
    Will there be a problem if I use the rocketfish one since there is a difference on amps? I'm guessing it would take longer to charge but I don't know if it would cause issues in the long run.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    Almost solved. He's going to need a second Micro USB cable too. After reading another poster's suggestion I bought a couple of spares off monoprice.com
    Has that been confirmed to work. I have a power adapter similar to that one for the iPod. Plugged my Palm USB micro charger/sync cable to it via the standard USB port. Plugged that into the TS and NO GO!

The adapter plugged into the wall works fine, as it lights up. And the sync/charge cable is good, when used by itself, but together they still don't power the TS! ???
    The monoprice cables do not fit the Touchstone. The monoprice 1000mA adapter does not charge the Touchstone, even with the Palm cable (I bought 2, they work fine to charge the phone directly but I was hoping to get some more Touchstones). Others have reported that smaller current adapters also will not charge the Touchstone, even with the Palm cable. Most of these will work fine when directly plugged into the phone, but not with the Touchstone.

Does the PreCentral store list anywhere which of its cables fit in the Touchstone? I couldn't find anywhere that listed that.
    I really wanted to get the Touchstone when I bought the Pre. But I was wanting to be able to use the TS at work and the regular charger at home without carrying the cable and power adapter to/from work. I think I've found the perfect solution. I just wish it didn't cost so much.

Touchstone™ Dual Location Charging Kit

I'm just not sure I'm ready to pay $140 for the kit.