1.    #1  
    OK, so I already did.

You guys all seem to choose IS as the number one choice for a screen protector, so I'm gonna trust you all and probably get one. But since those who have seen the screen have all claimed it to be extremely clear and sharp, my questions is does the IS affect that at all?

Some screen protectors I used on my Treo 650 and Centro were good, but they did, in fact, distort the view VERY SLIGHTLY. Is the IS like a perfectly clear window??

What is your experience with IS in that regard?
    I can tell you I had it on my iPhone and it was GREAT.
    Great protection and didn't distort the screen at all.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Do we know if it will interfere with the gesture area at all? Or does it not come down that far? Also, if it doesn't come down that far, will it create a slightly raised edge where the IS stops and the gesture area begins?
    Your putting something on top of the screen = a least a little distortion.

It shouldn't effect the gesture area. I had an IS on my Zune and I could use the gesture pad just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemon View Post
    Do we know if it will interfere with the gesture area at all? Or does it not come down that far? Also, if it doesn't come down that far, will it create a slightly raised edge where the IS stops and the gesture area begins?
    Does not affective capacitative touch, that's a fact.
    What are they going to do about the speaker on the back of the phone? Will the cover just not go over that corner or will you have to meticulously line up the holes?
    Won't effect the Touchstone either.

I have one on all of my electronics and they protect comepletely. Virtually scratchproof and they add grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie8307 View Post
    What are they going to do about the speaker on the back of the phone? Will the cover just not go over that corner or will you have to meticulously line up the holes?
    It will be open in that area just like my Centro. Same goes for the camera as well.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I actually have a question about this. How does a screen protector on a capacitive touch screen work, seeing how this type of touch screen depends upon your electrically charged finger making contact with a special coating on the surface of the screen? Wouldn't a screen protector block your finger from touching the surface that matters?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I have an invisible shield on my DSLR and it's great. BUT... I find it to be too expensive for what it is and also I don't want to wait a week for delivery. So what cheaper brands do people recommend? They used to sell these things everywhere a few years ago but nowadays I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Link to InvisibleShield for Pre
    Full Body Coverage $24.95
    Screen Coverage $14.95
    This Thread belongs in the 'Pre Accessories' Forum.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ect-forum.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I have an invisible shield on my DSLR and it's great. BUT... I find it to be too expensive for what it is. So what cheaper brands do people recommend? They used to sell these things everywhere a few years ago but nowadays I can't seem to find them anywhere.
    BodyGuardz - Scratch-Proof Transparent Protective Skins for Mobile Devices | Skins, Covers, Screen Protectors, Cases, Shields

Also there are coupons for zagg everywhere online... I got 50% off my Pre order. (No pun intended)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12.    #12  
    I only want one for the screen, not the whole device. But yeah, I do wonder myself how far down it will come. I know many on this forum have ordered one already, but if the company has not even made them yet, they may take a while to ship, no? Maybe they are already made, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    I actually have a question about this. How does a screen protector on a capacitive touch screen work, seeing how this type of touch screen depends upon your electrically charged finger making contact with a special coating on the surface of the screen? Wouldn't a screen protector block your finger from touching the surface that matters?
    lol. There's no special coating on the screen, it's just a piece of glass. If you'd like to see this in action just ask the person to your left, or right, if you can see their iphone. If they don't have a screen protector, no matter, simply take a piece of paper and put it over their screen (while it's on the home screen) and tap it with your finger. Your electrical charge will (magically) go right through the paper and activate whatever app you happen to hit!
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    I only want one for the screen, not the whole device. But yeah, I do wonder myself how far down it will come. I know many on this forum have ordered one already, but if the company has not even made them yet, they may take a while to ship, no? Maybe they are already made, I dunno.
    I bet they will only include the screen.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    lol. There's no special coating on the screen, it's just a piece of glass. If you'd like to see this in action just ask the person to your left, or right, if you can see their iphone. If they don't have a screen protector, no matter, simply take a piece of paper and put it over their screen (while it's on the home screen) and tap it with your finger. Your electrical charge will (magically) go right through the paper and activate whatever app you happen to hit!
    I see. That would make sense if the charge just went through the screen protector. However, there actually is a conductive coating on top of all capacitive touch screens. That's how they work. The almighty wikipedia cites indium tin oxide.
    Quote Originally Posted by emaddox84 View Post
    I see. That would make sense if the charge just went through the screen protector. However, there actually is a conductive coating on top of all capacitive touch screens. That's how they work. The almighty wikipedia cites indium tin oxide.
    My bad! Well, let me take it a step further than and say that IN MY EXPERIENCE, I had an iPhone for 1-month before dumping it, the screen protectors I used all seemed to maintain the same amount of sensitivity I had without a screen protector.

I even went as far as using some of 3M's automotive paint protection film. This is a highly durable adhesive film which is used on the front end of vehicles and intended to prevent pitting from rocks and other debris at speeds up to 100 mph. It's approximately 3 mil thick and the screen worked just fine with it.
    Love the InvisibleShield... I have it on my Treo 650 and have recommended it to all my friends with iPhones, since I don't believe an iPhone belongs in a case.

I already pre-ordered the InvisibleShield for the Pre, even though they're not anywhere near for sale in Canada yet!
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    When removed, does it leave a sticky residue?
    Does it cover the entire face of the device or will there be that slight edge that you can feel?