1.    #1  
    Hi!

I am getting a Pre on Sat (hopefully) and I am considering getting a touchstone. My main question is, do you think that in the future there will be other companies that will make inductive chargers for our phone? Or is this tech on lock down and can only be done with the touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper101 View Post
    Hi!

I am getting a Pre on Sat (hopefully) and I am considering getting a touchstone. My main question is, do you think that in the future there will be other companies that will make inductive chargers for our phone? Or is this tech on lock down and can only be done with the touchstone?
    Assuming the Pre is as big a hit as we all think it will be, I'll be shocked if there isn't a third party solution out there within 6 months.

That said, my current dumbphone is on its last legs because the charging connector is way flaky. I have to wrap the cord around the phone in order to apply tension to the connector pin. And I have to wrap it around a different way each time to get it to work. Even then it is hit or miss. So I'm getting a Touchstone right away to minimize my need to charge via the micro-USB connection!