Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The 69.99 price was override, wonder why they did that.
    Probably an employee.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3.    #4  
    This person will be waiting awhile to use it if employees can't get it right away..
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Interesting...
    Very.

Maybe some savvy Sprint employee figured out a way to capitalize on one of the few perks of retail employment, discounts on products. Especially since he/she is prevented from outright purchasing a Pre for the first three months.
    does the touchstone itself need to be plugged in to something? I haven't been able to tell by looking at it.
    << Thread Moved to Correct Forum >>

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ect-forum.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    does the touchstone itself need to be plugged in to something? I haven't been able to tell by looking at it.
    *palm to forehead*SMACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Probably an employee.
    How about that 25% S|P discount..? Not sure if that calculates down to that amount or not..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    I will give you my most helpful post on this site that I've ever given anyone.

Yes, you need to use the Micro USB charger from in your box to plug into the Touchstone to allow it to charge the phone. On a accessory page Palm specific, it said you need to use Palm specific chargers/cables. IDK why, but anyways.

Edit:

Hey, what the hell... I just saw pigs fly :P
    He was quoted the wrong price multiple times, and so even though they realized it was a mistake they gave it to him for that.
  11.    #12  
    I am the author of this thread and I DID NOT ASK THAT QUESTION!!!!
    Don't ask me why, check the link - Engadget.
    UK boy born and bred, usually proud of this, but rueing the fact that I won't be able to get my greasy mitts on one of these for months longer...
    As mentioned in another thread (and in the forum Engadget sourced it from), it was a mistake by the sales rep. The person quoted $50 multiple times to them, and then felt obligated to sell to them for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I will give you my most helpful post on this site that I've ever given anyone.

Yes, you need to use the Micro USB charger from in your box to plug into the Touchstone to allow it to charge the phone. On a accessory page Palm specific, it said you need to use Palm specific chargers/cables. IDK why, but anyways.

Edit:

Hey, what the hell... I just saw pigs fly :P
    NM glad to see you've had a change of heart but now that you are being nice I kinda like the old NM better LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    NM glad to see you've had a change of heart but now that you are being nice I kinda like the old NM better LMAO
    Ha, Follow me.. Soon, I'll give you one to laugh at
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel28 View Post
    *palm to forehead*SMACK
    Hopefully it wasn't a Pre to your forehead .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I *think* you need to get the A/C current straight from the wall (for the whole magnetic induction thing), as opposed to a D/C current from the microUSB cable.

I could be wrong.
    thats the big announcement touchstone will be lower to 49.99
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    I'm not sure, but I *think* you need to get the A/C current straight from the wall (for the whole magnetic induction thing), as opposed to a D/C current from the microUSB cable.

I could be wrong.
    Nope. The port is MicroUSB, so anything MicroUSB (in theory) will work. So, the charger from the Pre, is a MicroUSB charger (not a usb cable as you may have been referring to). Not trying to say you don't know what MicroUSB is or whatever, but just tryin to further explain what I was trying to say.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast