Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have an Otterbox for my BB 8330 which protects it fantastically, can/will they have a case that can protect the Pre from scratches and shock both open and closed?
    life is too short for belt clips, pocket protectors, cases, holsters, screen protectors, pouches etc.

it's 2009. and you don't want to look like a ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    life is too short for belt clips, pocket protectors, cases, holsters, screen protectors, pouches etc.

Damn Gekko, you are one harsh doode.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    All the extra plastic gadgetry required to make a hard case that would work with a slider phone would likely double the phone's thickness.

I'm jut planning on putting a shield on the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

Thanks for being so helpful

I keep my Curve in my pocket while doing rough activities, and would prefer to have some type of protection...

Not everyone is on the computer or behind a desk 24/7
    maybe a soft rubber case to cushion a drop
    well he has money to burn. He can afford to go out and buy a new Pre at retail when someone accidentally runs over his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Damn Gekko, you are one harsh doode.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48 View Post
    maybe a soft rubber case to cushion a drop
    Hmmm... It'd have to be a rubber that stretches easy to allow you to slide down the keyboard.

/sarcasm
    Last edited by haydur; 05/31/2009 at 03:02 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Just because I have the money to buy a replacement (I'm actually buying 2 on the 6th) does not mean I want to if I don't need to...
    I don't do cases personally.

The slip cover is all i readyy need.

Otherwise it'll be unharmed in my pocket.
  11.    #11  
    Why post if you don't have an answer, or anything clever to say?
    Cases ruin the enjoyment of using a phone... JMO. The girth added isnt worth the protection.

Slip Cover and pocket do just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I have an Otterbox for my BB 8330 which protects it fantastically, can/will they have a case that can protect the Pre from scratches and shock both open and closed?
    otterbox???? WTF? where are you taking this thing??? whitewater rafting daily?????? or do you work on a construction site with a jackhammer, hard hat, and a metal lunch bucket etc???????

"Why do you care about scratches!?!?!??! It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch! Are you really going to baby it for another two years? My cell phones are always beat up. If i wanted to keep them as collector's items i'd put them in a safe and never use it!" Maybe you have new owner euphoria - it will pass don't worry!" - motocrazy8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Have you considered just getting either the invisible shield:

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Or a similar ghost-armor:

Palm - Palm Pre - Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor

They protect really well from scratches.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I have this case on my Lotus. It is awesome. I have dropped my phone several times with no damage to the phone. Use this with an invisishiled and you will be well protected

Here is a link to the actual palm pre case Clear Snap-On Hard Protection Case for Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 350203571663 end time Jun-17-09 11:25:45 PDT)
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    well he has money to burn. He can afford to go out and buy a new Pre at retail when someone accidentally runs over his.
    runs over mine? how would that happen?

i take care of my stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    I have this case on my Lotus. It is awesome. I have dropped my phone several times with no damage to the phone. Use this with an invisishiled and you will be well protected

Here is a link to the actual palm pre case Clear Snap-On Hard Protection Case for Sprint Palm Pre - eBay (item 350203571663 end time Jun-17-09 11:25:45 PDT)
    Those are bad, at least for the Pre. THEY COVER THE GESTURE AREA!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I ordered one of the full-body invisibleSHIELDs from ZAGG over Memorial Day weekend when they were running the 50% off promo.

I've never used one of their products before, but reviews were positive and the stress test videos they show convinced me to give it a try.

So hopefully I won't be disappointed and I'll have a scratch-free Pre without the extra bulk of a case or a holster.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Damn, didnt think about the Gesture area. Thanks Derek
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast