Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Does that mean that all that mumbo jumbo BS that cell phones will interrupt hospital equipment is, well, total BS--like the myth about cell+aviation equipment?

/I knew it.
    //always saw employees on their cells
    As a former monitor tech (the guy that watches all the EKG tracings being transmitted via RF to me), the only time I ever saw any interference was when someone had a laptop or a cellphone on their person the same time as a telemetry transmitter pack.

Maybe some of the earlier generation analog cell phones caused RF interference-- I could forsee this, especially when the telemetry transmitters were analog, too.

We still keep the signs up despite 99% of all clinicians utilizing cell phones.
    Shenaniguns - I think the case you're looking for will be available shortly after release this weekend. The case on Amazon would've worked for you, but silly design covered the gesture area. As more 3rd party manufacturers get their hands on the phone, more designs should come out from companies like Speck Products, Incase, Body Glove etc etc. Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Gekko is simply having fun at your expense. Dont let words on a computer screen make you start trading insults. You ( Shenaniguns )asked a question on a public forum and he ( gekko ) answered. You didnt like his response, just ignore him. I personally dont like holsters but I can see how someone might need one. Case in point are the people that talked about wearing scrubs. :-)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    On the original topic... didn't Palm announce some case that flipped open to allow access to use keyboard? So while not protecting it while open, but does allow easy-access...
    This was announced back in April:

New Palm Pre Accessory Announced! | Palm WebOS

Still not sure how well it would work for you though Shenaniguns. I think Sprint might carry it on release day so you could probably check it out
  6.    #66  
    ...or you could just take care of your stuff. I don't care if you look silly, that's your perogative.

I do take care of my stuff I, unlike yourself prefer to be preventative instead of thinking that I'm without fault and that I'd never drop my phone, or land on it accidentally.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova View Post
    Gekko is simply having fun at your expense. Dont let words on a computer screen make you start trading insults. You ( Shenaniguns )asked a question on a public forum and he ( gekko ) answered. You didnt like his response, just ignore him. I personally dont like holsters but I can see how someone might need one. Case in point are the people that talked about wearing scrubs. :-)

Gekko bit off more than he can chew and why does he need anyone to "back him up?" He's a big boy (Or is he?) so let him stand and fall on his own 2 feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    I do take care of my stuff I, unlike yourself prefer to be preventative instead of thinking that I'm without fault and that I'd never drop my phone, or land on it accidentally.
    I guess I am perfect, and without fault, since I can manage not to destroy my electronics without being wrapped in eyesores.

Perhaps the case will look good enough, since the Pre is one sexy phone!
  9.    #69  
    I guess I am perfect, and without fault, since I can manage not to destroy my electronics without being wrapped in eyesores.

Perhaps the case will look good enough, since the Pre is one sexy phone!
    Sexy phone? Does it come with lube too?
    Good point, I'll have to make a pit stop before I hit up the Sprint store
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234