Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    please tell me you're not a holster/belt clip wearer too.


    If you judge people by the way they have thier phone, then you're the real ***** *** nerd ont his forum... Try going outside sometime.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    If you judge people by the way they have thier phone, then you're the real ***** *** nerd ont his forum... Try going outside sometime.
    i do. it is precisely because i am not a nerd that i refuse to be seen in public with people who wear holsters and belt clips. it's embarrassing. it's like people who wear toupees and think they look good - yet they have no idea that everyone is laughing at them. i'm just trying to save you from the ridicule, holster boy.
  3. #43  
    I got a zagg cover. they are supposed it be awesome. Zagg told me my cover would ship on the 15th. So, I gotta be really careful for about 2 weeks.

    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Damn Gekko, you are one harsh doode.
    Gekko thinks hes gordon gekko. he has the first response in like 50% of the threads on precentral. seems to know it all. stop flattering yourself, dude.

    now let watch him try to explain himself.
  4. #44  
    I don't know. It's tough taking criticism from Rollie Fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    Gekko thinks hes gordon gekko. he has the first response in like 50% of the threads on precentral. seems to know it all. stop flattering yourself, dude.

    now let watch him try to explain himself.
    They do make two piece plastic hard cases. One on each side that still allow movement of the phone. Not sure if one will get designed for the Pre, but you never know. I stopped using them on my Centro because I didn't like the added bulk.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  5. Dic Doc's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #45  
    I am a urologist, so that makes me an expert on most everything and cooler than most of you. I have to wear scrubs half of the week. The back pocket is flimsy, and when I sit down, the phone falls out. So I do wear a CLIP-ON holster (no belt) on surgery days, but the rest of the time my phone is in my front pocket (left side, for those of you wondering). So I believe that there are certain exceptions to every rule, and each individual has to make the choice for what they want to wear.

    /please note sarcasm above, the point is still valid.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    please tell me you're not a holster/belt clip wearer too.
    Holsters are kind of necessary when wearing scrubs.

    I pocket my phone when wearing anything else, but at work, a holster it will be in. Probably this holster: In lieu of real Palm Pre news, here's a case
  7. #47  
    +1 on the holsters and scrubs. Think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Small, flimsy back pocket. Easy to fall out or sit on. Just not a good combo. Though I'm not a fan of the Palm holster. I fail to understand the purpose of the clear cover if the phone faces inward. I understand how the thing opens and lays your phone out for you, but a quick angle up on normal holster does the same thing, quicker, and with less parts. Plus in a normal face out style holster I can actually leave the phone in the holster and still have it usable. From the looks of it, if that door breaks, gets caught or whatever, your Pre is flying. I'd rather just use a vertical leather pouch case then when I need it on the hip.

    I also think I'm secure enough in my manhood to take shots at my fashion prowess by insecure people that need to put down others to feel better about themselves. So it's all good.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8. notabun's Avatar
    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #48  
    Holsters and belt clips are fine at work because who cares, but I also refuse to use them after that.

    I would like a rubber slip for the Pre but I don't see how that would work. I think I'll be settling for an invisible shield this time. I've used them in the past, and they work great, except for the slow collection of grime around the edges of the shield pieces.
  9. #49  
    There are soo many uses for the Pre, it would be STUPID to think that there is ONLY one way to carry the device!

    Why even bother arguing the point? Why isnt this thread moved under the Pre Accessories category?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    +1 on the holsters and scrubs. Think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Small, flimsy back pocket. Easy to fall out or sit on. Just not a good combo. Though I'm not a fan of the Palm holster. I fail to understand the purpose of the clear cover if the phone faces inward. I understand how the thing opens and lays your phone out for you, but a quick angle up on normal holster does the same thing, quicker, and with less parts. Plus in a normal face out style holster I can actually leave the phone in the holster and still have it usable. From the looks of it, if that door breaks, gets caught or whatever, your Pre is flying. I'd rather just use a vertical leather pouch case then when I need it on the hip.

    I also think I'm secure enough in my manhood to take shots at my fashion prowess by insecure people that need to put down others to feel better about themselves. So it's all good.
    If the leather holster you're referring to is like most of the leather holsters I've used in the past, it won't work very well for me. The holsters/clips that aren't spring loaded often fall off my scrubs when I sit down or move suddenly and my poor Mogul has taken a lashing from falls due to this phenomena. Any holster I buy in the future must have a spring-loaded clip to stay firmly affixed.

    Stylish, I know, but it's 2009 and I still wear a pager at work too.
  11. #51  
    I'm on the sales side of ortho and spend a lot of time in the OR. It's funny that I might see one or two pagers tops out of the 8 or so hospitals I go to. They still get a signal when your phone won't.

    One thing I've done (thanks to all my old ProClip holsters) is have a big bag of krusell Multidapts with a bunch of their spring clips. I pretty much convert every case I get over to it. At least the ones I plan to keep.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12. #52  
    I'll just use the slip case, all I need is something to protect the screen while it's bouncing around in my purse with all my other junk >.>
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Have you considered just getting either the invisible shield:

    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

    Or a similar ghost-armor:

    Palm - Palm Pre - Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor

    They protect really well from scratches.
    This is the best option! I would recommend this anyone. It is a really great product and guaranteed for life. I have had this on numerous phones and ipods. Works great!
  14. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #54  
    Some kind of cover on the screen itself to keep it from being scratched and to make cleaning a bit easier.

    Beyond that, nothing. I want it in my pocket. Started with my Sprint Touch, and continued with my Diamond, and its the only way I want to carry my phones now. I hate the holster things and agree, I just feel like an IT geek with it (I AM a bit of an IT geek, but I'd prefer not to look like one when heading out to a bar or something). I don't like the slip cases generally as it just adds to the girth in my pants (...) and I'll end up forgetting it somewhere when I take it off and set it down when using my Pre.

    Something to cover the screen and that's good enough for me.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    This is all I can think of when I see a phone in a holster.

    Take care of your stuff people! I've never damaged a phone before, and I only use a screen protector film.

    In a year, most of us will upgrade to the next-best-thing anyways, so who cares if this thing looks brand new at that point?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i do. it is precisely because i am not a nerd that i refuse to be seen in public with people who wear holsters and belt clips. it's embarrassing. it's like people who wear toupees and think they look good - yet they have no idea that everyone is laughing at them. i'm just trying to save you from the ridicule, holster boy.



    So how do you see it in my pocket? I guess you notice it staring at men's crotches
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    This is all I can think of when I see a phone in a holster.

    Take care of your stuff people! I've never damaged a phone before, and I only use a screen protector film.

    In a year, most of us will upgrade to the next-best-thing anyways, so who cares if this thing looks brand new at that point?


    Because we care about what YOU think when we are using or phone...
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dic Doc View Post
    I have to wear scrubs half of the week. The back pocket is flimsy, and when I sit down, the phone falls out. So I do wear a CLIP-ON holster (no belt) on surgery days...
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    +1 on the holsters and scrubs. Think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. Small, flimsy back pocket. Easy to fall out or sit on. Just not a good combo.
    Does that mean that all that mumbo jumbo BS that cell phones will interrupt hospital equipment is, well, total BS--like the myth about cell+aviation equipment?

    /I knew it.
    //always saw employees on their cells
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Because we care about what YOU think when we are using or phone...
    ...or you could just take care of your stuff. I don't care if you look silly, that's your perogative.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Does that mean that all that mumbo jumbo BS that cell phones will interrupt hospital equipment is, well, total BS--like the myth about cell+aviation equipment?

    /I knew it.
    //always saw employees on their cells
    When cell phones were analog it was an issue. Analog had a real problem with bleeding over anything. Like hearing a trucker talk on his CB over your radio. With digital phones nowadays it shouldn't really be an issue.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions