Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    otterbox???? WTF? where are you taking this thing??? whitewater rafting daily?????? or do you work on a construction site with a jackhammer, hard hat, and a metal lunch bucket etc???????

"Why do you care about scratches!?!?!??! It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch! Are you really going to baby it for another two years? My cell phones are always beat up. If i wanted to keep them as collector's items i'd put them in a safe and never use it!" Maybe you have new owner euphoria - it will pass don't worry!" - motocrazy8

Didn't know there were so many tough guys on this forum, my firearms are tools that I don't care about scratching up and when I'm training I would like the option of keeping the phone on me vs. leaving it in the car where I can only access it for a few minutes here and there for 8 hours... You must be the resident bully

I don't like bullies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Didn't know there were so many tough guys on this forum, my firearms are tools that I don't care about scratching up and when I'm training I would like the option of keeping the phone on me vs. leaving it in the car where I can only access it for a few minutes here and there for 8 hours... You must be the resident bully

I don't like bullies
    not trying to be a bully just trying to make a point. why cover up such a sleek device with an ugly case/cover/pouch/holster/belt clip etc? it's a sin.
  3.    #23  
    YouTube - Real Men of Genius - Mr. Cell Phone Holster Wearer[/url]

Clever, I guess you did not see where I said I keep it in my pocket...
    not trying to be a bully just trying to make a point. why cover up such a sleek device with an ugly case/cover/pouch/holster/belt clip etc? it's a sin.
    At the very least a holster/pouch/belt clip doesn't cover it any more than a pocket (not to mention making it easier for some to access).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #25  

Who the hell are you to decide how other people wear their phone? Do you tell everyone what to drive as well? I bet you were opposed to the collapse of the Soviet Union too. Find someone else to pester
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm probably just going to use the slip case and a screen protector this time.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic

on

=
    Fail
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    I stopped carrying protective cases and went to those bodyguard things plus a belt pouch. I am thinking I will do the same with the Pre

I don't like bullies
    awwww its just Gekko......harmless.
  10.    #30  
    Man this place is full of some serious phone nerds
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    awwww its just Gekko......harmless.

He's harmless, I just don't like mouthy punks...
    otterbox???? WTF? where are you taking this thing??? whitewater rafting daily?????? or do you work on a construction site with a jackhammer, hard hat, and a metal lunch bucket etc???????

"Why do you care about scratches!?!?!??! It's a damn TOOL not some kind of $10,000 Rolex watch! Are you really going to baby it for another two years? My cell phones are always beat up. If i wanted to keep them as collector's items i'd put them in a safe and never use it!" Maybe you have new owner euphoria - it will pass don't worry!" - motocrazy8
    Dude take a pill or 2 day!!!
    He's harmless, I just don't like mouthy punks...
    It's the internet - all you've got are words. You can chose to read them and respond if you like, or you can simply ignore it. Either way, it's not worth getting riled up about.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  14.    #34  
    Not getting riled up, and I did respond...

Actually I do work construction and a Mil-spec impact resistant, dust proof/waterproof case would be rather nice for the pre...
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If I thought of the Pre as just a tool that I didn't care about damaging, I wouldn't be on a forum like this trying to catch the latest news about it every day.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    of all things to take a stance on, this would be far from your smartest...IMHO.
    It's a personal device for a reason. You keep it naked. Good for you. Some are more prone to dropping it or just know they're a bit careless with it. Some are just anal and want to keep it pristine as long as possible. Some don't have the option of just keeping it naked in pocket (like me). My pants have one rear pocket and that's it. There are already other things in it. A simple holster is can be pretty convenient.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I just use the invisible shield to protect it from scratches... and yes it's the SAME scotchguard 3M material they use to protect Ferrari's:

Invisible car Bras

All I'm saying is that the Pre is an investment to some people and they can choose to protect it the way they want. I will be looking for a rugged case as well because I'm going to be using it at the gym. Shenaniguns - your intent of this thread was to get some advice on some cases so I hope you found some helpful posts so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Damn Gekko, you are one harsh doode.
    Yep, genuine crazy talk there.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    of all things to take a stance on, this would be far from your smartest...IMHO.
    It's a personal device for a reason. You keep it naked. Good for you. Some are more prone to dropping it or just know they're a bit careless with it. Some are just anal and want to keep it pristine as long as possible. Some don't have the option of just keeping it naked in pocket (like me). My pants have one rear pocket and that's it. There are already other things in it. A simple holster is can be pretty convenient.
    please tell me you're not a holster/belt clip wearer too.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast