Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    I have the monoprice car charger and so far it works fine... but since that is not available you might want to check this post to see if he has any OEM chargers left for $10...

http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...rger-10-a.html

Good Luck
    I bought MicroUSB cables from Monoprice and they seem to work fine hooked to a computer (haven't yet tested with Palm's wall charger). Not seeing a great deal of power coming from my generic car USB adapter, though; going to try the OEM adapter and see if that's better. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I got a couple on ebay for $1.75 each shipped.

still looking for a car charger though, word is that only the sprint branded one works (consistently) well.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Thanks OP!
    still looking for a car charger though, word is that only the sprint branded one works (consistently) well.
    I have a Hummingbird cigarette lighter to dual USB port adapter (from Fry's) along with a USB to microUSB cable (also from Fry's) that works like a champ.
    I have the Monoprice car charger and wall charger with the Monoprice cables. Both work fine. I still use the OEM wall charger and cable with my Touchstone, but these extras for travel are great.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by agent2099 View Post
    I took the gamble and ordered this. I can confirm that it DOES work for the pre and is a steal at that price.
    Does the Universal GPS car mount from monoprice (5272) allow you to charge while it is in the holder?
    Hey, it may be helpful if the people who say their car charges worked or did not work would also mention year and make of their car.

It sounds silly, but I have had chargers for other devices that work in my car but not my parent's cars or need some sort of plastic sleeve to fit properly. Although I totally believe that it could be flaky devices also.
    But I do know that I purchased a cigarette to USB charger from walmart that does not fit very well in my 98 BMW lighter and charges extremely slow. And by slow I mean I had it on the charger for over 8 hours once (yes, cigarette lighter gets power when car is off) and it didn't fully charge my Pre even though the battery icon showed it was charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by jf1081 View Post
    Does the Universal GPS car mount from monoprice (5272) allow you to charge while it is in the holder?
    I own this and the answer is "definately". It is totally adjustable. Be warned the suction might give if left in direct sunlight too long so I would recommend taking it down when you can (I know, could be a pain but I had to RMA mine because the heat warped the suction cup).
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789