Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    FYI.. three out of 4 of the usb cigarette adapters I got from mono price either quit working or didn't work from the beginning. One got really hot and started to smell funny, another squealed and one just didn't work. FYI, I ordered two initially and they sent two replacements. I'm not having much luck, thinking of getting the oem palm adapter. I don't want to jack up my pre with cheap accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    FYI.. three out of 4 of the usb cigarette adapters I got from mono price either quit working or didn't work from the beginning. One got really hot and started to smell funny, another squealed and one just didn't work. FYI, I ordered two initially and they sent two replacements. I'm not having much luck, thinking of getting the oem palm adapter. I don't want to jack up my pre with cheap accessories.
    You guys are depressing me...I had my monoprice account all set up, parts in the shopping cart and now I have doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    You guys are depressing me...I had my monoprice account all set up, parts in the shopping cart and now I have doubt.
    I feel you.. I really wanted them to work. All the cables have been fine and the wall charger works. Maybe it's just my luck (bad luck that is). Enough people seem to be having success.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I feel you.. I really wanted them to work. All the cables have been fine and the wall charger works. Maybe it's just my luck (bad luck that is). Enough people seem to be having success.
    My experience is IDENTICAL to yours (car chargers don't work; cables DO work properly!)

At least the cables work. What cost be about $15 with Monoprice (bought a lot of cables), would have cost be over $100 for OEM cables.

Monoprice ROCKS! (for cables at least )
    I have 2 wall chargers & 2 car chargers & so far no issues from any of them. But take my short time (2 weeks) w/ monoprice for what its worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have 2 wall chargers & 2 car chargers & so far no issues from any of them. But take my short time (2 weeks) w/ monoprice for what its worth.
    Do your car chargers actually charge your phone when using Pandora and SprintNav at the same time? That is the issue.

My chargers charge (very slowly) if I am only using one of those apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Do your car chargers actually charge your phone when using Pandora and SprintNav at the same time? That is the issue.

My chargers charge (very slowly) if I am only using one of those apps.
    If I remember, I will test it on my way home today.
    So, I streamed a podcast (The Tech Guy) while navigating home from work using Sprint Navigation. I started with 84% before I plugged in the Monoprice gold-plated cable and Monoprice USB Car charger. As usual, as soon as I plugged in the cable, the Pre acknowledged the charge. In a little more than 20 minutes, I lost 19%!!!

But isnt that the standard rate of loss for a Pre that isnt plugged in?

I will try again over the weekend to see what results I get.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So, I streamed a podcast (The Tech Guy) while navigating home from work using Sprint Navigation. I started with 84% before I plugged in the Monoprice gold-plated cable and Monoprice USB Car charger. As usual, as soon as I plugged in the cable, the Pre acknowledged the charge. In a little more than 20 minutes, I lost 19%!!!

But isnt that the standard rate of loss for a Pre that isnt plugged in?

I will try again over the weekend to see what results I get.

Just an FYI, streaming podcasts does not equal streaming Pandora. Pandora downloads then entire song rather than streaming it, so the radio isn't active all the time. Streaming keeps the radio pumping all the time.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I did not know that...thanks!
    So you guys turned me off on Monoprice so I headed to Best Buy where I bought my phone. Bought the Palm charger I was pointed to for the Pre and it doesn't work. $30 for crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    So you guys turned me off on Monoprice so I headed to Best Buy where I bought my phone. Bought the Palm charger I was pointed to for the Pre and it doesn't work. $30 for crap.

Make sure the part number is 3453ww if it is then swap it. It is probably a lemon. I tried it before and it worked fine.

BTW.. I have monoprice sending me two more replacements. I'll report back later in the week.
    they're all sold out of the wall chargers, and the car mount too. guess to many pre owners are ordering from them
    Did anyone mention that they got the mono price car chargers working with the touchstone? I haven't been able to get even 1 of my 3 working, tried 6ft and 3ft cables as well. All combos work without the touchstone.
    Monoprice seems to sell a lot of B-grade stock that may be unreliable. I know people who have had to return the same item a couple of times to get a working one from monoprice.

I have no idea why they do this; you'd think all this exchanging and shipping stuff back and forth would completely destroy their profit margin. But somehow they make money even though they make us test the stuff we buy for them.

This is why I'd rather stick with more reputable vendors even if I have to pay a little more. I ordered a MicroUSB cable from Smartphone experts, the kind that retracts into a spring-loaded spool. I've never had a problem with stuff from SPE so I'm confident it'll work.

Good luck with all your purchases in any case.
    Hmm my 6ft cables seem to have an issue where after having the phone on the touchstone for a while, the phone starts going on and off of charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaze0 View Post
    Hmm my 6ft cables seem to have an issue where after having the phone on the touchstone for a while, the phone starts going on and off of charging.
    I can't get my 6ft monprice usb cable to work with my touchstone. I don't want to shave another one down, are they supposed to work?
    My 3ft cables seem to work fine with the touchstone while connected to a normal charger. 6ft works fine for a while then goes crazy.

Neither work connected to the monoprice car charger for me.
    Need a wall charger, anyone know the Monoprice Item number?
    FYI, just got an email from monoprice that the usb cigarette adapters are on back order, possible not being restocked.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast