Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 169
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiron2000 View Post
    I just got my shipment from Monoprice and my Pre is acting weird.

    First when I used the Mono USB cable I need to push it firmly before the phone begins charging. The Palm supplied cable just slips in and starts charging.

    When charging the touchscreen goes crazy. I touch the screen with one finger and hold it down and I get false taps all over the screen. This is clearly apparent when I run the screen hardware interactive test, hold down my finger on one square and a bunch of square all over the grid start lighting up. I could post some video if needed.

    I never had any other issues with my Pre. Did I get the wrong cables, chargers? Too powerful? Something wrong with my Pre?

    I bought the following for reference: (this is my first post, sorry for the lack of links)

    monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=4867&seq=1&format=2

    monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031106&p_id=4874&seq=1&format=2
    I have the exact same problem you are describing here except using the 6 ft cable and the black wall charger. Doesnt pick up on the charge right away and strange screen activity. Unfortunate, as I am not keen on spending $14 for a USB cable from Palm.
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiron2000 View Post
    I just got my shipment from Monoprice and my Pre is acting weird.

    First when I used the Mono USB cable I need to push it firmly before the phone begins charging. The Palm supplied cable just slips in and starts charging.

    When charging the touchscreen goes crazy. I touch the screen with one finger and hold it down and I get false taps all over the screen. This is clearly apparent when I run the screen hardware interactive test, hold down my finger on one square and a bunch of square all over the grid start lighting up. I could post some video if needed.

    I never had any other issues with my Pre. Did I get the wrong cables, chargers? Too powerful? Something wrong with my Pre?

    I bought the following for reference: (this is my first post, sorry for the lack of links)

    monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=4867&seq=1&format=2

    monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10311&cs_id=1031106&p_id=4874&seq=1&format=2

    I use the gold plated cables... the 1.5 ft and the 6 ft both work perfect for me...
  3. galtish's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
       #83  
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    Just to verify, the gold plated cables work perfect for you... so by that you mean that they fit in the TouchStone dock without modification and work to charge the Pre on the dock? If so that should give us some good options at still a great price (can you confirm it's one of these ones?):

    1.5 ft gold plated: For only $0.70 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 1.5ft | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type


    6 ft gold plated: For only $0.97 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 6ft | USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type
    I can confirm that both of the above are the USB cables that arrived today. Both of them plug into my laptop and charge/media sync/USB Drive without any problems. Without problems (defined): means itunes synced my new songs, the Pre was able to charge and let me play w/o any side effects, and I was able to browse the pre and delete photos w/o any problem.

    I am still on a waitlist for my touchstone however earlier this afternoon a sprint rep called and said there was a good chance he would have one for me tomorrow 6/16. (I'll keep everyone posted)

    Edit: Pending on where your USB ports are on your computer I would use a string to be sure 1.5 ft is enough. (I use a 14 inch laptop so its perfect for me, yet I can easily see many people buying the 1.5 ft cable and have it not be long enough)
    Last edited by MLJones8; 06/17/2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: - Have yet to recieve a touchstone... still waiting on sprint
  5. #85  
    i made my order yesterday im excited.
  6. #86  
    Is there a car harger from here that will work?
    There is no spoon
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    Is there a car harger from here that will work?
    i bought the motorola v8 v9 car charger which has micro usb and that did not work so i'm returning it and just getting the female USB cig charger and plugging in the micro USB cable that i also bought that works
  8. #88  
    So Im looking for a car charger. It seems these prices are just dirt cheap! Anyone have any problems with it? Can someone send me a link as to which charger to order and which usb cable to order as well? A bit confused on what to order.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    So Im looking for a car charger. It seems these prices are just dirt cheap! Anyone have any problems with it? Can someone send me a link as to which charger to order and which usb cable to order as well? A bit confused on what to order.
    I'm a bit confused as well given the amount of information in this thread.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I'm a bit confused as well given the amount of information in this thread.
    Well can anyone provide a direct link for the car charger and extra usb transfer cables? Id like to purchase from that site but have no idea which cables to get!
  11. #92  
    Are you posting those because they are confirmed to work with the Pre?
  12. WhoAmI's Avatar
    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #93  
    I too am curious to see how well they work too. Anyone already have them ordered or shall I take the plunge? For $6 I don't have a problem doing it!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

    T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
  13. #94  
    I opted to get the non gold plated cables from monoprice because I don't like the bead thingy. Will these still work ok?
  14. #95  
    I think I will also take the plunge and order. I need a car charger desperatley. I see the USB cable is 6 feet long! Thats too long for me. I chatted with a rep and they said its the only size they have. Anyone find anything shorter than 6 feet?
  15. #96  

    how about a splitter to go from touchstone to computer for data synch while charging?
  16. WhoAmI's Avatar
    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    how about a splitter to go from touchstone to computer for data synch while charging?
    Too bad Palm didn't implement SFTP over WiFi so you wouldn't have to do that!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

    T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
  17. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I opted to get the non gold plated cables from monoprice because I don't like the bead thingy. Will these still work ok?
    I got the non-gold plated ones to reduce bulk from the ferrite cores. They work flawlessly for syncing and charging.

    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I think I will also take the plunge and order. I need a car charger desperatley. I see the USB cable is 6 feet long! Thats too long for me. I chatted with a rep and they said its the only size they have. Anyone find anything shorter than 6 feet?
    Nonsense. They have multiple lengths ranging from 1.5ft to 15ft. Scroll down to "USB 2.0 Cable - Micro-B Type".

    The hoopla over these cables is really getting silly. These are STANDARD usb cables with STANDARD micro-B connectors. The only catch (apparently) is that the size of the Palm usb cable's connector is smaller than average making it easier to plug into the Touchstone. I ahve had ZERO problem plugging Monoprice USB cables into the Pre's micro USB connector.
  18. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Are you posting those because they are confirmed to work with the Pre?
    I just got mine in today and tested everything. Even those some of these items (like the cables) were already confirmed, I can ALSO confirm that they work. I thought I ordered the black Wall USB Charger, but I got the white ones. The car chargers also work! All 4 of my 6ft cables are good to go for both syncing and charging.

    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    I think I will also take the plunge and order. I need a car charger desperatley. I see the USB cable is 6 feet long! Thats too long for me. I chatted with a rep and they said its the only size they have. Anyone find anything shorter than 6 feet?
    They have sizes from 1.5ft to 15ft! Peruse the website and see for yourself!

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I too am curious to see how well they work too. Anyone already have them ordered or shall I take the plunge? For $6 I don't have a problem doing it!
    Take the plunge! I did and I am glad. Only time will see how long they last but for the price, I can manage the small gamble. Too many people have vouched for this company and I can add my name with them. Shipping was spot on (3 days to Jacksonville, Fl) also. Best $17 spent on the Pre so far (for 2 Car USB chargers, 2 Wall USB Chargers, 4 6ft USB to MicroUSB cables & 2 6ft 3.5mm audio cables)!!
  19. #100  
    So I ordered a car charger and 2 1.5ft usb cables. The amount? 4.20. Shipping? 4.89..gota love when that happens Hope the are all good! thanx for the help!

Posting Permissions