Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hey all. Soon to be a first time Palm owner with the upcoming Pre, and I was curious if anyone has any thoughts on the Shure Music Phone Adapter. I have a pair of SE-210s that I really like and was hoping to pick this adapter up. Shure says it works for Treos, but I'm wondering if it will work for the Pre, or if it worked for the Centro.
    The one that is meant to work with Treos is for the small 2.5 mm jack. The Pre has a standard 3.5 mm jack, so likely the one made for iPhone/BB Curve *should* work.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm so glad you mentioned that. I thought the difference between the 2 adapters was more due to contact spacing. Thanks!
    The only issue is then you're left with a really long cord. The part leading from the phone to the microphone is 32" long. Then, you attach your standard headphones into a jack near the microphone and I don't know how long yours are, but I suspect you'd be left with the wire hanging down quite a bit.

I'm much happier with my Etymotic hf2 stereo wired headset than I'd ever be with any adapter like that. (And I've used the adapters in the past. You're either stuck with a tiny little adapter where the microphone stays in your pocket, or a really long adapter which leaves you with way too much cord.)

Edit: Apparently never mind. It seems that the SE210 headphones you have have a 'modular cable' so it sounds like this might not be an issue for you specifically.
  5. enjoyingsilence
    Yea Shure is actually pretty good about the modular setup... I use their SE 530s, and have that Shure Music Phone Adapter thingamabob... glad to see we won't be need it anymore.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well, you will need it if you want to use your headphones as a headset. You just don't need a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I use se530s with the Pre - they plug in fine (no adapter needed) and have small enough housing to allow the screen to slide open. Yeah.
    I also have Shure SE530s and am looking for a microphone adapter so that I can use them with my Pre and have them function like the bundled mic/earbuds headset - does anyone know if the Shure PTH (I got the SE530s without it) does the same thing as the MPA? Can I use it as a microphone?

And, does the button on either the PTH or the MPA do the same thing as the button on the Palm earbuds? I mean, can I use it to skip tracks and stuff?
    I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about but I use the Shure 530's and whenever I'm listening to music or watching a movie and I get a phone call, I just answer the call and the callers can hear me while I'm still in headset mode using my Shure's. Not sure if my voice is being picked up by the phone mic but the phone is usually not near me (my chord is lengthy) and I of course can hear the caller thru my Shure's.

I'm not using any type of adapter.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I got the adapter, and I'm not super pleased with it. The microphone is SOO good it picks up everything, not just my voice, and people on the other end can barely hear me. On the plus side, the button on it does allow you to change tracks, though it's kind of buggy.