Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    So first off, whos getting one? I thought i had seen a forum for this but searched and came up empty handed. I was thinking though, do you think that the shield would interfere with the touchstone or the touch screen, i know it really doesn't on the iphones touch screen, but who knows about the pre, lets hear your thoughts...
    Unless it's made of lead it probably won't affect it at all.
    i heard phantomskinz is better
    IT shouldn't interfere, iPhone and Pre are the same type of screen, if the iPhone can still feel you through the Invisible Shield than the Pre will.

Also, it may cause a problem with inductive charging but why do you want to put it on the back? The touchstone back is a matte finish, it's fine by itself, it's not plastic or anything.

Lastly Invisible Shields are amazing you can literally scratch it with a key viciously and nothing happens.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    IT shouldn't interfere, iPhone and Pre are the same type of screen, if the iPhone can still feel you through the Invisible Shield than the Pre will.

Also, it may cause a problem with inductive charging but why do you want to put it on the back? The touchstone back is a matte finish, it's fine by itself, it's not plastic or anything.

Lastly Invisible Shields are amazing you can literally scratch it with a key viciously and nothing happens.

I thought the Iphone screen was glass, and the Pre's plastic?

Anyway, it won't interfere. I had an Instinct, and it worked great on it. I can't imagine it will interfere with the charging either, though the back shouldn't need one.
    it shouldnlt interfere at all..But I have heard that if for any reason u decide to take off the shield that it can mess up the touchscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    it shouldnlt interfere at all..But I have heard that if for any reason u decide to take off the shield that it can mess up the touchscreen.
    Really? That's the first I've heard of this. Can anyone else verify this? That would really suck....
    How do these skins change the feel or look of the device? I'm worried about scratches but I also don't want to put a skin on it if it's going to make my pre look like it's wrapped in Reynolds wrap. Does it mute the glossy finish on the phone? Does it change the feel of the device? How about taking them off later? I know they all advertise to be amazing in all these respects, but how about feedback from real users.
    I bought the ghost shield and it says you can take it off without any problems.. If it causes a problem with the touchstone, I will just take it off the back.. GS and IS seem to be the same product so we will see.. LOL @ Caitlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    I thought the Iphone screen was glass, and the Pre's plastic?

Anyway, it won't interfere. I had an Instinct, and it worked great on it. I can't imagine it will interfere with the charging either, though the back shouldn't need one.
    I'm pretty sure he relates them in that they're capacitive. Not by the material's they're made of. Hence him saying the iPhone can still feel you through the IS.
    The IS should be fine though, I got a full body one, and if I get the touchstone, I don't think I'll care as much for the matte finish being scratched
    Last edited by emusician; 05/30/2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: edited "Hence... IS."
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    There's videos on youtube that show people taking off their IS and using the touchscreen immediately after without any issues.
    Also, there's a reason insurance exists.
    I have an invisible shield on my ipod touch and i love it. It does kind of suck putting it on, lining it up prefect but, its golden once its on. There is no interference with the touch screen and i don't see why it would be any different on the plastic screen of the pre compared to the glass of the ipod.
    As far as effects and looks, its shinny and glossy. It also adds a bit of tacky-ness to the device. Which, in the case of expensive phones and gadgets, a little extra grip on the device is always a good thing.
    This being said, I pre-ordered my Pre's shield monday!
    I had the Invisible Shield on Instinct and had to take it off when i had to exchange the phone...it didnt mess anything up. You do have to be careful when taking it off to make sure it doesnt pick up dust. It worked perfectly for me and I already have ordered one for the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    I bought the ghost shield and it says you can take it off without any problems.. If it causes a problem with the touchstone, I will just take it off the back.. GS and IS seem to be the same product so we will see.. LOL @ Caitlyn
    same here
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    I ordered 2 invisible shields for the Pre as they were 50% off over memorial day. Ill let people know how they work out after my girlfriend and I get our Pre's. I tried to post the discount on here but it was taken down as it looked like an advertisement for Zagg.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Are the shields made so that you can easily replace the battery?
    I remember once seeing a video on youtube of a guy claiming that he had removed the invisible shield off his iphone and that it had ruined the touch ability of his screen. He showed on the video him having a hard time unlocking the phone and making a phone call. Maybe it was a hoax...idk...just spreading the word on what i've seen.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post

On the Instinct, it actually helped. The back cover would not come off easily, and the shield gave it texture - the back cover came off easier with it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    I'm curious about that one myself.
    I decided to take advantage of the 50% sale so I ordered.
    I never have good luck putting screen protectors on so I'm curious to see how these work.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neile45 View Post
    On the Instinct, it actually helped. The back cover would not come off easily, and the shield gave it texture - the back cover came off easier with it on.
    It sounds like the Pre could use the help too, what with having to slide a credit card under two corners to get the back open. Ugh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast