1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anyone know if the Palm Pre will be able to take a not just a 3.5 mm headphone but also a wired headset? I work as a journalist, so I need to it to work w/ a headset for recording interviews. Anyone have any info about this? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jprint View Post
    Hi,

Anyone know if the Palm Pre will be able to take a not just a 3.5 mm headphone but also a wired headset? I work as a journalist, so I need to it to work w/ a headset for recording interviews. Anyone have any info about this? Thanks!
    User manual says both, that a four conductor (aka 3 black rings) stereo headset such as those made for the iPhone will work perfectly.

That being said, there's no announced voice memo app yet that I know of, so you might want to hold off.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks so much! That helps a lot... I hear you about the call recording software. I think Qmobilsoft is *trying* to create software for this -- they told me they just need the SDK developing kit.

Now I feel like I can, and should, hold out for the Palm Pre. Unfortunately, I have to wait for an unlocked GMS version since I do a lot of travel w/ my cell phone... Anyone have any sense of when it might be out? Such a pain that they're first releasing a CDMA phone first...

Anyway, thanks for your help!