View Poll Results: So, are you getting the Touchstone?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - As soon as Possible.

18 51.43%
  • Yes - But not right away.

7 20.00%
  • No - Maybe Later

8 22.86%
  • No - Never

2 5.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, are you getting the Touchstone. $70 is a lot of money just for a charger but I was thinking it would also be a little less ware and tear on the USB plug. Now if we just had a way of wireless sync videos and music you would never have to plug the Pre up except for a car charger.
    Last edited by macintoshse; 05/29/2009 at 02:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'm gonna get it. And as far as wireless syncing goes, I don't see why a developer couldn't make an app for that. Here's to hoping.
    For some reason i think thats what palms been hiding .. their big surprise .. btw im def buying the touch stone may b not day one may b a week after that .
    Imagine if there's a reason why the touchstone costs $70. What if the touchstone actually has some kind of automatic wireless data storage built-in? All it would need is a maximum of 8gb of storage. Imagine being able to back up all of your information to your touchstone on a daily basis.

OMG I hope I'm right.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Totally! In fact, I'll probably get a Touchstone and no Pre on day one because I'm not eligible for an upgrade until July 1. I've just gotta have something Pre-related though.
    Is anyone camping out for a Touchstone? I heard rumors that there will only be a limited quantity. Max of 1 Touchstone per store. Forget the Palm Pre, it will be on Verizon & AT&T later get the Touchstone instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    Max of 1 Touchstone per store.
    Where did you hear that? It seems like rumors are popping out of everyone's mouths faster than Pres out of a Taiwanese factory.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Yezzir! I'll be getting mine on launch day along with the Pre!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Yeah, that kinda reeks of FUD, if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Where did you hear that? It seems like rumors are popping out of everyone's mouths faster than Pres out of a Taiwanese factory.
    I think he was kidding lol.. at least we hope..

As for me.. I'm going to hold off. I think $70 is a bit ridiculous for a charging solution. Personally if it did more, such as maybe being a media sync or some kinda of router to carry around w/ you to share your EVDO w/ your lappy, thatd be great. Unfortunately thats not the case, its just a very expensive charging solution. Do I think its sweet? Absolutely, is it worth $70? Absolutely not, maybe $40.
    I'm gonna get one...

Is it worth $70.... not so sure...

I have a blackberry standup charger that works wonders...

Will it save me time and aggrivation trying to find the damn plug and turning the ends around in the dark trying to get the ports to line up at night before bed...

YES.

Eh, $70 is ok, IMHO, for ease and peace of mind...
    Probably not.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    I am getting one for sure maybe two.

And the Touchstone costs $70 for the new battery door and the Touchstone itself. The Touchstone by itself is $50.

Plus using my premiere discount I get 25% off anyways.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    If this phone does well, the touchstone is the FIRST thing that's going to drop in price. I'll wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I am getting one for sure maybe two.

And the Touchstone costs $70 for the new battery door and the Touchstone itself. The Touchstone by itself is $50.

Plus using my premiere discount I get 25% off anyways.
    forgot about my discount... thanks, my card expires 6/30... I GOTTA buy it now! haha
    I might get it a little down the road. I am exactly not in need of a wireless charger ATM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I wanted to get a Touchstone, but after having read the User Guide, it seems my Pre will have to be hooked up quite often to the USB cable anyway...creating photo albums, deleting videos, managing music not purchased online - this all has to be done in USB mode.
    Still on the fence whether I get one right away.
    I'd love to get one, but $70 is a little steep! Ill wait for the price to come down.
    The Touchstone charger seems to be totally ignored in the final build up to the Pre release. There is no mention of it in any of the advertising nor has it been mentioned at D7 or the other demo at the Google seminar. I would think that the Touchstone would have featured haevily into Palm's marketing plans for it definately places the Pre seperately from the other Blackberry's and the iPhone. It also adds that extra special zing to owning a 'Pre', atleast for those that like to own phones just to show off.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast