1.    #1  
    any chance a holster will get made - i can't stand slide cases and putting it in my pocket is not something i like to do as i usually have key's pocket knife and sometimes a small screw driver / punch down tool and I imagine the pre would take an ugly beating in that environment
    Sprint had one shown in a leak of some documents. Its a clamshell design that opens at the top and has a clear outer shell. I was thinking of getting that one.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Are guys selling that starting on the 6th also?
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Are guys selling that starting on the 6th also?
    I'm not sure, but as soon as we can get it in stock we'll let you guys know.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    any chance a holster will get made - i can't stand slide cases and putting it in my pocket is not something i like to do as i usually have key's pocket knife and sometimes a small screw driver / punch down tool and I imagine the pre would take an ugly beating in that environment
    The Pre is awesome. Just need more apps.

However, on day one, I purchased the holster Sprint is selling made by AGF. It's a clamshell.

DON'T! I REPEAT DON'T GET IT.

I'm returning mine. 2 major issues.

First, the holster doesn't bind the phone in the clamshell. It rattles.

Second, the plastic cover can easily become unclipped from the clip tab at the top of the holster.

And if you are like me, I orient the holster sideways because overall it's more comfortable especially when you sit down and in particular when you get in a car. However, in doing so, the plastic cover can easily pop out when you are doing anything more than light walking or sitting. And in the sideway orientation unlike the upright orientation, the Pre will and I repeat will fall out.

I can tell you from experience because my Pre popped out on the soft grassy baseball field. Doh! No damage and no scratches. Whew!

I'm hoping either AGF or someone like Helix can design a better Pre holster. I had one for years made by Helix for my Treo 600 and 650. Absolutely loved them.

As for the Pre, besides more apps, couldn't they have made the card view button double as a cursor scroll trackball. Especially when you are typing something, it's so much easier to scroll around to make edits than having to try to place the cursor by touching the screen at just the right place. The keypad has no movement keys other than delete one character back and that makes it to edit something you are typing.

Simple solution. Let the card view button double as a trackball for cursor movement when you are typing. Just my 2 cents.

Brian
    wow brian I had no idea it was that bad! Whew! I was going to purchase one tomorrow so thank you and I'm glad your baby is ok!

Dude, awesome idea about the center button being used as a trackball BRIILIANT!
    Quote Originally Posted by thebriankim View Post
    The Pre is awesome. Just need more apps.

However, on day one, I purchased the holster Sprint is selling made by AGF. It's a clamshell.

DON'T! I REPEAT DON'T GET IT.

I'm returning mine. 2 major issues.

First, the holster doesn't bind the phone in the clamshell. It rattles.

Second, the plastic cover can easily become unclipped from the clip tab at the top of the holster.

And if you are like me, I orient the holster sideways because overall it's more comfortable especially when you sit down and in particular when you get in a car. However, in doing so, the plastic cover can easily pop out when you are doing anything more than light walking or sitting. And in the sideway orientation unlike the upright orientation, the Pre will and I repeat will fall out.

I can tell you from experience because my Pre popped out on the soft grassy baseball field. Doh! No damage and no scratches. Whew!

I'm hoping either AGF or someone like Helix can design a better Pre holster. I had one for years made by Helix for my Treo 600 and 650. Absolutely loved them.

As for the Pre, besides more apps, couldn't they have made the card view button double as a cursor scroll trackball. Especially when you are typing something, it's so much easier to scroll around to make edits than having to try to place the cursor by touching the screen at just the right place. The keypad has no movement keys other than delete one character back and that makes it to edit something you are typing.

Simple solution. Let the card view button double as a trackball for cursor movement when you are typing. Just my 2 cents.

Brian
    I don't know if this was posted somewhere is else, but I found out the other day that if you are typing with 2 hands, hold down the orange button and move the cursor. This way you can "slide" it around rather than trying to hit the right spot.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    if you havent yet, itll really help to familiarize yourself to use the Pre's features a lot better and faster. takes maybe about 15-20 minutes to see all the videos.
    Dont purchase this POS. My Pre dropped to the ground today because it came lose from the holster. Luckily, the phone wasnt badly damaged, but now there is a very small scratch at the top of the device .
    Quote Originally Posted by thebriankim View Post
    couldn't they have made the card view button double as a cursor scroll trackball. Especially when you are typing something, it's so much easier to scroll around to make edits than having to try to place the cursor by touching the screen at just the right place.
    Brian
    I agree wholeheartedly. I made the same suggestion. They need something to improve navigation so we don't need universal search for everything.

As for scrolling/moving in text, there is a gesture workaround using the orange key. Read the manual. It's not as good as a D-pad or scroller, but it's better than trying to line up your thumb.
    Here's a holster from Seidio....

Spring-Clip Holster
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thanks Pre Diddy for the excellent revew and warning about the AGF holster. I was going to buy one as soon as I could get my hands on one. Now I surely will not! Much appreciated!
    Best Buy has a holster under their Rocketfish brand that works pretty well. I've been using it since Sunday. It can hold the Pre either face-in (when wearing it) or face-out (when it is mounted to my dash).