1.    #1  
    does anyone know if any previous palm device's battery is compatible with the palm pre?
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Supposedly the Pre is using the same battery as the Centro - however, if Palm's past is anything to go by, they'll change it for the Pre by putting the insertion tabs on the battery in different locations, just to prevent Centro users from using their old batteries...
    I think it's supposed to be the same battery as the Centro and Treo 800, but I'm not absolutely certain.
    It is the same 1150mah battery as the centro.

Please http://forums.precentral.net/search.php though.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by xumarklu View Post
    does anyone know if any previous palm device's battery is compatible with the palm pre?
    Anyone know how to search?

Oh,.... my man Eguy does. You might want to sign up for his class.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts

I'm a jerk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Is that what that button does? yes, we are bad.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Which brings up another interesting question. The Touchstone charger needs a special back on the Pre to charge. When they come out with an extended life battery like a 3500mAh will they be able to make a new back so it charges on the Touchstone, or will the battery maker just sell a standard extended back for it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Supposedly the Pre is using the same battery as the Centro - however, if Palm's past is anything to go by, they'll change it for the Pre by putting the insertion tabs on the battery in different locations, just to prevent Centro users from using their old batteries...
    When Palm kept the same size battery from the 650 to the 700, they were compatible. Whan Palm kept the same size battery from the Centro to the 800w (and now the Pre), they were compatible. I do not understand this complaint at all.

Note the 800w battery charger works with MicroUSB (800w, Pro, and Pre chargers), while the Centro battery charger works with the old 650/700/755/Centro chargers. Plan accordingly if you are trying to by a battery charger in advance.
    d94, who apparently got his hands on a Pre for a few days, confirmed that the Centro batteries were compatible with the Pre. He even tested it with a Centro battery to make sure and it worked fine. Here's a link to the post:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1620190

It's toward the end of the post.
    i was told by a rep at the sprint store that my centro battery could be compatible for my pre, but it could potentially damage it...does anyone have concrete facts about this???