Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, I have read (and also noticed on the bazillion pic's that I've seen) that the screen on the Pre is not quite flat - it has a slight curve to it. That being said, do you think that screen protectors will lay properly when applied??
    I don't see y not. it migt just take a little more effort to get it perfect and bubble free
    please don't ruin the beauty of this device with screen protectors, holsters, pouches, cases, bags, and belt clips. and life is too short to look like a ******. thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    please don't ruin the beauty of this device with screen protectors, holsters, pouches, cases, bags, and belt clips. and life is too short to look like a ******. thank you.

I'm sorry but if I'm going to pay 200 bucks for a phone (550 for some people), I'm going to do whatever I want to it. Especially adding a screen protector. I'm sorry if not everyone can be as careful as you and keep yours in perfect condition. I personally can't even imagine keeping this in the same pocket as other things, and considering it has a plastic screen, I really don't want my screen to be all scratched up.
    isn't it the phone as a whole that curves....not the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    isn't it the phone as a whole that curves....not the screen?
    Yes there's a curve when you open it but there's a slighty curve of the screen from top to bottom. It's been mentioned it's a sort of antiglare. It is flat from left to right so the screen isn't spherical.
    just go with ghost armor or invisishield for screen/entire body protection because these MOLD a thin scratch proof cover over the device and don't add bulk, much less others won't even know you have it on there unless they were told it was there.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    If it was a glass screen I would agree with you but plastic gets scruffed up. I plan on getting an antiglare protector at least but no more holster. I'm tired of having a phone on my belt.
    My Centro has no screen protector, stays in my pocket with keys and has no scratches. Could the Pre also be scratch resistant?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Are you kidding me for a $199.00 phone you can at least spend $10 on a screen protector.
    memday09 = 50% off ZAGG screen protector which is legit. Preorder from ZAGG for the pre and they'll send it to you after the phone comes out... I did this, it only costs $15 for the full body. Not sure of the exact link, but it was posted somewhere on this site before.
    Zagg's invisible sheilds are clear, so it makes no difference...and they make scratches impossible. So...failed attempt at humor fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by noto220 View Post
    Are you kidding me for a $199.00 phone you can at least spend $10 on a screen protector.
    i don't care if they give them to me for FREE i'm not using screen protectors, holsters, pouches, cases, bags, and belt clips.
    To all who don't choose to spend spare change on a clear, unnoticable, effective, protective, cheap, and proven invisible sheild I hope as you walk out towards your car you (don't) slip on the pavement and scratch the face (or back) of your new pretty phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Zagg's invisible sheilds are clear, so it makes no difference...and they make scratches impossible. So...failed attempt at humor fails.
    Air is invisible. Screen protectors are visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    To all who don't choose to spend spare change on a clear, unnoticable, effective, protective, cheap, and proven invisible sheild I hope as you walk out towards your car you (don't) slip on the pavement and scratch the face (or back) of your new pretty phone.
    Or better yet, step out of your car forgetting your Palm Pre is sitting in your lap... that's the worst.

...still carrying my naked though.
    Since I will have insurance on mine, if it gets too scrathed up or S******y looking I will just throw it against the wall, pay my deductible and get a new one!
    yeah i don't like gimmicks and contraptions on my device. and being a perfectionist, i could never try to install one of those shield contraptions.
    yeah i don't like gimmicks and contraptions on my device. and being a perfectionist, i could never try to install one of those shield contraptions.
    why would a perfectionist want to risk a scratch in the middle of your screen?
    I have friends w/ the iphone who went to a stand in the mall and some other person w/ experience put on the protective film, unnoticable.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Whatever floats your boat.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast