1.    #1  
    Official accessories, price plans, and some more tidbits (including battery life)

Palm Pre Goodness « Inside Sprint Now
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    If you don't want to search for the battery life stuff, this is what they say about it:

Talk time: Up to 5.0 hours of continuous digital talk time

digital, does that mean over 3g?

comparison:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11288_7...content;rb_mtx

some highlights:
    Apple iPhone 3G (with 3G on) 4.95
    Apple iPhone 3G (with 3G off) 8.75
    Apple iPhone Classic 7.3
    T-Mobile G1 4
    Palm Centro (AT&T) 5.5
    Palm Centro (Sprint) 4
    Palm Treo Pro (Sprint) 5
    Samsung Instinct 6
    BlackBerry Bold 7
    BlackBerry Storm (Verizon) 7
    Nokia N95 8
    Last edited by StefanP; 05/24/2009 at 08:53 AM.
    already 2 other topics based on the same source of information.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-goodness.html
    and
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...5-0-hours.html
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I've got my Pre case and car charger on the way.

I'm favorably impressed with the Precentral store. They were very efficient in processing my order.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

I'm favorably impressed with the Precentral store. They were very efficient in processing my order.
    I agree with you, I have used the Treocentral store many times in the past, and I am sure I will use Precentral store in the future...

But not to be a overly critical... I don't get why they are listing that they have Pre Cases... using the same case that was meant for the older Treos and claiming its for the Pre is kinda annoying...

I mean... If we are claiming that any case that the Pre can physically fit in is a "Pre" case... then I have had a Pre case for 10 years already...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I agree with you, I have used the Treocentral store many times in the past, and I am sure I will use Precentral store in the future...

But not to be a overly critical... I don't get why they are listing that they have Pre Cases... using the same case that was meant for the older Treos and claiming its for the Pre is kinda annoying...

I mean... If we are claiming that any case that the Pre can physically fit in is a "Pre" case... then I have had a Pre case for 10 years already...
    +1 ZING!!!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    The battery life for me is not a big deal. I already have to charge my Rumor every night anyway because of high use. If battery life drains faster on the pre then I will just get a backup battery.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

I asked about that and Dieter said that the picture will be changed when they get a unit. I guess they can't steal the one on Palm's web site. Seems like the vendor could supply a picture.
    Tom

What case did you get, if you don't mind me asking? I think Palm has shown a really cool case a while back. It's got an acrylic cover that flips out, with the Pre's back facing out.

Has anyone seen that? Let me try and find a pic; it's really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    No. It means digital, which is what sprint always has been.
    Doh, it's on the link at the OP!
    Palm Pre Goodness « Inside Sprint Now

Are those accessories available now? I already ordered an Invisible Shield for the Pre (there was a code for 50% off) and will be getting the Touchstone AND the holster.

C'mon Palm, here's my wallet, let me get it and move on!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    What case did you get, if you don't mind me asking? I think Palm has shown a really cool case a while back. It's got an acrylic cover that flips out, with the Pre's back facing out.

Has anyone seen that? Let me try and find a pic; it's really nice.
    The one I got was the "Palm Leather Side Case for Pre". I assume that it's the same one that shows up on palm.com with the correct picture. (You can't even buy it from Palm yet, but precentral seems to have it available now.)

The clear one on the leaked release docs looks pretty cool also.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    The one I got was the "Palm Leather Side Case for Pre". I assume that it's the same one that shows up on palm.com with the correct picture. (You can't even buy it from Palm yet, but precentral seems to have it available now.)

Could you post a link to the product page in Precentrals store?... I really need one, but cant seem to find it...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Could you post a link to the product page in Precentrals store?... I really need one, but cant seem to find it...
    store.precentral.net

I am not allowed to post links yet, so add www to the beginning of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    If you don't want to search for the battery life stuff, this is what they say about it:

Talk time: Up to 5.0 hours of continuous digital talk time

comparison:
    Cell phone battery life charts - CNET Reviews

some highlights:
    Apple iPhone 3G (with 3G on) 4.95
    Apple iPhone 3G (with 3G off) 8.75
    Apple iPhone Classic 7.3
    T-Mobile G1 4
    Palm Centro (AT&T) 5.5
    Palm Centro (Sprint) 4
    Palm Treo Pro (Sprint) 5
    Samsung Instinct 6
    BlackBerry Bold 7
    BlackBerry Storm (Verizon) 7
    Nokia N95 8
    I would like to see an iPhone 3G get 8.75 hours of talk time. Yeah RIGHT.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

When the holster arrives can you let us know if it's the same as the one on the Palm site? I was about to buy one tonight but was concerned about the Pre only uses a certain mini usb. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts

This one did not turn out to be a Pre case. I'm ending it back.

It is the Treo case that shows up in the picture. They somehow classify it as "universal". The packaging is clearly labeled as "Palm Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 750, Treo 755".

Fine if you want your Pre to flop around in a case that is too big.

The precentral store should NOT call this a Pre case.

I must drop my rating on the Pre store to poor, until they fix this.
    Tom