1.    #1  
    I still plan on picking up 2 Pre's at launch on a family plan (me & the wife). Was GOING to get the Touchstone charger & set it somewhere neutral in the house so we can both use it at different times.

But now I'm learning that a replacement matte cover is required to use with the Touchstone & that the charger only comes with one replacement cover. WTF?? That would mean since they dont sell the matte covers separately, I would have to pick up a second Touchstone charger just to get another matte cover for the wife. Eff that.

What were they thinking??
    Ummm they do sell them separate, I believe the cover is 20$

Actually look and you should find it.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    They can be bought separately.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Ummm they do sell them separate, I believe the cover is 20$

Actually look and you should find it.
    Where?? Its not on the official accessories site.
    Sprint | News Release: Sprint to Offer Palm Pre Nationwide on June 6

The Palm Pre phone will be available from Sprint on June 6 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year service agreement on an Everything Data plan or Business Essentials with Messaging and Data plan. An array of compelling accessories also will be available for Pre, including the Palm Touchstone charging dock. The Touchstone™ Charging Kit, which includes the Touchstone charging dock and Touchstone back cover for Pre, will be available June 6 for $69.99. The Touchstone charging dock and Touchstone back cover also are available separately from Palm for $49.99 and $19.99, respectively.
  6.    #6  
    ^Good deal. Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Sprint | News Release: Sprint to Offer Palm Pre Nationwide on June 6

The Palm Pre phone will be available from Sprint on June 6 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year service agreement on an Everything Data plan or Business Essentials with Messaging and Data plan. An array of compelling accessories also will be available for Pre, including the Palm Touchstone charging dock. The Touchstone™ Charging Kit, which includes the Touchstone charging dock and Touchstone back cover for Pre, will be available June 6 for $69.99. The Touchstone charging dock and Touchstone back cover also are available separately from Palm for $49.99 and $19.99, respectively.
    Well, Im still not seeing this extra back cover for the Touchstone for $19.99. I've called multiple Sprint stores & they've never heard of it. Haven't seen it online anywhere either.

Any ideas??
    Give it some time - it will be out. Probably on the Palm site.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Well, Im still not seeing this extra back cover for the Touchstone for $19.99. I've called multiple Sprint stores & they've never heard of it. Haven't seen it online anywhere either.

Any ideas??
    Yeah, its available at palm.com in their accessories store for $19.99
    They'll be available separately. Maybe not yet, to kept up with demand of touchstones, but it will be available separately.