Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the ZAGG Invisible Shield (ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield) is usable on the Pre w/ Touchstone charging?

I have the Invisible Shield on my iPod, and it's awesome. No fingerprints and no scratches. I'd like to have the same protection on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    they are currently accepting pre-orders for protection for the pre.
  3.    #3  
    Great. Thanks. I didn't see it buried in the site. No mention of Touchstone working on it though. It should, but confirmation would be nice.
    Last edited by rnbarrios; 05/20/2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: typos
    I don't think you really need it for the back if you have the matte cover. It won't get fingerprints or scratch (as easily) like the glossy finish. I only ordered the front shield -20% off
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Which is the best? Invisible shield, best skin ever or ghost armor? And why do you think it's better than the others?
    Just ordered the Ghost Armor. They are offering the full armor for 20% off if you pre order. It comes to 19.99.. Here is a coupon code for another 2.00 off bringing it to 17.99 if you pre order..20080721.
    Personally I think it is all the same stuff. All of them are applied the same way, all of them have the same torture test videos. I just went with GA cause it was the cheapest with the pre order and coupon code. Also, it is not as textured as IS. BG gives you two, but they don't have one for the pre yet. I am sure they will soon though.
    I have never used these, but once got one for a friend. Since I plan to pocket my Pre, how do you suppose these skins will hold up? Will the edges get caught by the pockets and lint and start peeling off?
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I have used invisible shield and BSE. I loved the invisible shield, which I got first for my instinct. But then I decided to try BSE for my Curve, I got two. I loved it too, they seemed to be made of the same material. But the BSE did not stay on my curve that long, I ended up taking the first one off within 6 months. Not bad, I guess. I had my Instinct for only 2 months, so I can't comment on how long it would have stayed stuck on.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    That code worked for me. I also ordered the full one...you think putting it on the back won't interfere with the touchstone charger?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I have never used these, but once got one for a friend. Since I plan to pocket my Pre, how do you suppose these skins will hold up? Will the edges get caught by the pockets and lint and start peeling off?
    I have it on a bunch of stuff but the device I use most that it's on is my first generation iPod Touch. The edges of all sides of the screen have all peeled up because of lint from putting it in my pocket but the screen and back is still totally covered. I can't remember how long it took for this to happen but I would say at least 6 months and I've had this since it came out fall 2007. I think it really depends on the device. The Pre looks like it'll have better coverage on the edges because they are very smooth and round while the 1G Touch has a very sharp edge all around. Only problem with any of these skins is that it gets a little yellow probably from oils on your hands and skin. Also for the screen the glare is pretty bad in bright lighting. Personally I want something like this from FullBodyFilms.com where the back is a skin and the screen protector is antiglare.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/21/2009 at 08:46 PM.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I don't think it will have any effect on the touchstone charging. It is only a thin film. If it does then I will take it off and only keep the film on the screen, top, bottom and sides, and not on the back. But I really think it will have no effect.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I think I might just get one for the screen
    There is no way it would interfere. The film is polyurethane not metallic. Plastics don't interfere with magnetic fields. I have used ghost armor for over a year now. That have the smoothest look by far.
    I just brought a Ghost Armor shield (front only) plan on getting the touchstone with the matte back so not worried about the back. Thanks For the 411
    Just ordered the full body protection from Ghost Armor. Thanks for the extra $2 savings, Loonytunes.
    Unlike Zagg, Ghost armor will be shipped on release date. Zagg maybe cheaper but doesn't give a date it will be shipped.
    The main difference between any of these "helicopter blade skins" is the actual cut. Some are better than others in terms of coverage. Zagg usually gets better reviews because of this. However from the looks of Ghost Armor's pic it appears like it's as covered as it gets. Plus with the simple design and symmetrical shape of the Pre I bet all of the companies will have nearly the same cuts.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Zagg is having a memorial day special. I just picked up a full-body Pre skin for 16 bucks, shipped.

From Slickdeals:
    Zagg.com has a 50% off all invisibleSHIELD items with coupon code memday09. Shipping starts at $3, and depends on the number (and weight) of items you order.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast