Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is that matte back cover enabled for Touchstone going to make the Pre look less than perfectly presentable?

I am thinking about using my S|P 25% coupon on the Touchstone but am wondering how the matte back cover will look as opposed to the glossy one it comes with. I want my phone to look its best when its out and about, so it's not worth it if its ugly just to enable special Touchstone charging!

What do YOU think?
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/20/2009 at 01:16 AM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Is that matte back cover enabled for Touchstone make the Pre look less than perfectly presentable?

I am thinking about using my S|P 25% coupon on the Touchstone but am wondering how the matte back cover will look as opposed to the glossy one it comes with. I want my phone to look its best when its out and about, so it's not worth it if its ugly just to enable special Touchstone charging!

What do YOU think?

More here: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos...ft-touch-back/

Edit: MY GOD that is a sexy phone
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Looking at the videos online, it doesn't seem to really alter its apperance. Even at $17.50 off with the premier discount, I just cant get myself spend that kind of money on a charger.
    After having an Iphone I can tell you without a doubt that the matte finish is preferable unless you want your phone to look like total **** the second you touch it and finger prints show up everywhere.
    I think it looks better... I wish the whole phone was matte.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    The good thing about it is that it dosent attract finger prints as much as the original one
    i like the matte back better than the glossy one. but to each his own.
    Looks pretty good in the pictures and videos to me, but personally I don't care which back i have at this point... i just want the Pre. Dunno yet if I'm gonna spend the cash for the touchstone right away. May wait a few months and see if its worthwhile.
    what videos
    I def. like the matte better. If i didn't have the money for a touchstone, i would still buy the cover and then the touchstone at a different point.
    Matte > Glossy. And it's not just matter, it's the same soft-touch finish as they used on the 755p, and that stuff is awesome.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Matte > Glossy. And it's not just matter, it's the same soft-touch finish as they used on the 755p, and that stuff is awesome.
    Are you sure that its the same soft-touch finish used on the 755p, cause I love that finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Are you sure that its the same soft-touch finish used on the 755p, cause I love that finish.
    Palm Pre's Touchstone charger requires matte, soft-touch battery cover
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I like the Matte back better.
    Seems everyone is about the Matte.

I agree, glossy just means finger prints.
    im just finding out that there is a different back to use touchstone. wtf?

yeah, i like the matte finish.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    im just finding out that there is a different back to use touchstone. wtf?

yeah, i like the matte finish.
    The plastic doesn't allow the charge to transfer, simple really.

It's included in the 69$ price.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    The plastic doesn't allow the charge to transfer, simple really.

It's included in the 69$ price.
    I just dont understand why they just didnt make the og back compatiable from the jump. Seems as if that would have made sense. Also, I agree, I am a fan of the matte finish. Im hoping that it will be away to make the WHOLE thing matte. Those finger prints will be a killer.
    Matte...I'd get it even without the charging dock...but I'm getting the kit anyway.
    If the feel is anything like the Treo 755p, I'll be getting the back cover for it. I do want the Touchstone, but I think I'll wait on it, try and get one on Ebay for cheaper.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast