Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I vote for matte. I'm getting two Pre's and two Touchstone kits. Hoping they come out with a Touchstone car kit too!
    Matte! Matte! Matte!

I think it looks a lot better, plus, it'll be sticky!
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    I just dont understand why they just didnt make the og back compatiable from the jump. Seems as if that would have made sense. Also, I agree, I am a fan of the matte finish. Im hoping that it will be away to make the WHOLE thing matte. Those finger prints will be a killer.
    Because it costs more and not everybody's going to get a Touchstone, that's why.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    What about the silicone/rubber/plastic cases that will be available for the PRE? I mean if you have the Touchstone wont the case affect the charging? Im not going to remove it from the case to charge it every time.
    any idea on if we will need another charger or is it just a usb cable for the touchstone...im not gonna be carrying around my charger back and forth to work just to hook up my touchstone...whats the point?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Those finger prints will be a killer.
    make sure you carry that cloth in your pocket or case so you can always be wiping it down before you show it to anybody.
    I don't know guys I kind like the look of the glossy better however I will have the mate one because of the slipery and feel factor, I mean the 755p is the best material a phone can be made out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    What about the silicone/rubber/plastic cases that will be available for the PRE? I mean if you have the Touchstone wont the case affect the charging? Im not going to remove it from the case to charge it every time.
    With how inductive charging works, I would think as long as your case isn't too thick you should be fine, though it may end up charging slightly slower.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    any idea on if we will need another charger or is it just a usb cable for the touchstone...im not gonna be carrying around my charger back and forth to work just to hook up my touchstone...whats the point?
    Not sure if the Touchstone has an attached cord or just a USB cord. I think the goal is to have a Touchstone at your desk but you can also charge over USB or regular plug-in charger.

Right now I have my Touch Pro charger at my desk at home and at work I just have a regular mini-USB cord coming from my computer and I plug that in when I am at my desk to keep it charged.

Chances are if I buy a Touchstone or knockoff (probably knockoff) it will sit on my desk at home and I will just USB charge at work.
    I think most of us here seem to like the matte back more.

My question is, does the touchstone enabled back add any additional weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by moloukhya View Post
    I think most of us here seem to like the matte back more.

My question is, does the touchstone enabled back add any additional weight?
    I have no doubt it does, but I don't think it would be a lot:
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Matte > Glossy. And it's not just matter, it's the same soft-touch finish as they used on the 755p, and that stuff is awesome.
    The Instinct or Extinct as people call it is also grippy soft on the back and so is Centro 2.0. I like it much better.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I agree, makes it more durable feeling and less likely to slip out of your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Not sure if the Touchstone has an attached cord or just a USB cord. I think the goal is to have a Touchstone at your desk but you can also charge over USB or regular plug-in charger.

Right now I have my Touch Pro charger at my desk at home and at work I just have a regular mini-USB cord coming from my computer and I plug that in when I am at my desk to keep it charged.

Chances are if I buy a Touchstone or knockoff (probably knockoff) it will sit on my desk at home and I will just USB charge at work.
    yea im concerned about this because when im at home i charge my phone while i sleep so i dont mind it just laying there charging but while im at work it would be nice to have it on the touchstone because i always have pandora running at work and i dont want to waste the battery. right now i have the blackberry stand up desk charger at work and the regular charger at home. i just hope sprint will sell an extra charger so i can leave one plugged in at work and not have to worry about bringing the charger part back and forth.
    I like it better. Seems less slippery.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12