Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, since the pre has A2DP, does that mean it will work for all media, or just for phone calls? I used Softick on the 700p, which was amazing to have Kinoma stream music over my bluetooth.
    That's what A2DP is - music playback and control.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It will work with anything and everything -- though it's not clear yet how AVRCP support is (i.e. play, next, pause, etc support). I'm assuming that will be fine too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    It will work with anything and everything -- though it's not clear yet how AVRCP support is (i.e. play, next, pause, etc support). I'm assuming that will be fine too.
    I am VERY curious about this as well. I have been window shopping a lot of AVRCP devices because of this. The Jabra Halo looks mighty tasty if and when it comes out (soon if not now, methinks).

Assuming the Pre DOES support AVRCP, does anyone have suggestions or preferences on devices to use? I have also considered the Plantronics Voyager 855 and the Jabra BT3030. I am trying to find something that'd work well anywhere (car for handsfree calls, library or elsewhere for studying while listening to good quality sounding music, etc.) For example, the aforementioned Halo might not be all that great for car driving, so I'd have reservations on it in that regard.
    The 855 is not for rocking out at the gym. I think for louder music, we'll need dedicated headphones that have a mic as a bonus. I have an older set I bought before I realized my Yahoo Music To Go songs were DRMed and wouldn't play over the air. Looking forward to testing with DRM free Amazon music.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Anyone know anything about the Motorola S9? Not the most sexy... I've read they're great for listening to music, but not the best for calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    The 855 is not for rocking out at the gym. I think for louder music, we'll need dedicated headphones that have a mic as a bonus. I have an older set I bought before I realized my Yahoo Music To Go songs were DRMed and wouldn't play over the air. Looking forward to testing with DRM free Amazon music.
    Thanks for the input. I see myself likely to use the headset in a library or common area to listen to music whilst studying and the like. I believe I'd be more concerned about audio quality and ear comfort above anything else as far as a headset is concerned.

EDIT: Pre-empting the "wireless audio quality < wired" statement. I know this, and would bring along my SR-80s if I was so inclined. Portability and (mild) mobility are also a factor for me, however. I would be concerned about the audio quality respective to other BT headset devices.
    Last edited by maskedferret; 05/24/2009 at 05:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    The Motorola Motorokr S9-HD bluetooth stereo headset has awesome sound and bass. They're a re-design of the Motorokr S9 and are much improved. They are sweat resistant and excellent for exercising. Suggested retail is $129 but you can find them on sale at Best Buy or Amazon.com for $99 often. I've had mine for about 2 months. They're very comfortable and work great. Battery life is 6 hours while streaming music. My best time before recharging them was 6.5 hours of continuos music.

I can't wait to try them with the Pre!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    I've got an old pair of Logitech A2DP headphones. The Pre paired with them quickly and I get good sound playback for both both local MP3 files, local movie files, YouTube, and Pandora. It didn't play audio on a phone call, but I didn't expect it to do so since it doesn't have a microphone.

I wasn't able to get the audio controls on the headset to work, though. The device should do AVRCP, but it's very old so it probably wasn't validated with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    The Sony Ericsson HBH-DS980 headphones with A2DP/AVRC functionality that worked with my 700p and 755p using Audio Gateway does NOT function correctly with music playback with my Pre. The music constantly skips and crackles and is unlistenable. The headphones do work though with normal phone calls. BT update perhaps ?
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    My DS970 works cleanly, but not perfect. It does pause and FF and take phone calls too. I guess it's not happy when I Pandora and bluetooth at the same time. Too many radios going I guess. Better with music player for me in terms of static/connections.
    Corey

Current Devices: Palm Pre 2, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus and Apple's iPhone 4
    I just both this Plantronics headset from Buy.com for $30. Plantronics Pulsar 260 Earset - PULSAR 260 - Buy.com
    I'm going to get one of these to try to use in my car: Bluetooth Hands-Free Speaker / Car Kit (Supports HS, HF, A/V, A2DP Profile) - Bluetooth Accessories

Hopefully it'll work... then I can get in, put it down on a Touchstone, and charge and play music with no wires!
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Could anyone using a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset with the Pre please post their experiences?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Could anyone using a Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset with the Pre please post their experiences?
    Hi,

I'm not too pleased with it. When previously connected to my laptop, I could move about the house and get about 20 feet away from it and have a good connection.
    With the Pre, even in my pocket I get disconnects and stutters. The media control for pause/play is intermittent.

Also, unrelated to the Pre, I enjoy the 855's form, but the bass is non-existent. I'm going to give these to my wife or daughter and get myself some S9s. The reviews indicate their bass response is better.

-Jay
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Unlike the previous poster, my Plantronics 855 is very solid when I'm sitting or walking around with it in my pocket. Fast, easy pairing with the Pre. Overall sounds is decent: very good in eliminating outside noise, clear crisp sound (music and voice), but has average-at-best bass. Relatively inconspicuous (for a stereo headset), convenient with the detachable stereo earplug and slide-out mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    I'm going to get one of these to try to use in my car: Bluetooth Hands-Free Speaker / Car Kit (Supports HS, HF, A/V, A2DP Profile) - Bluetooth Accessories

Hopefully it'll work... then I can get in, put it down on a Touchstone, and charge and play music with no wires!
    I received this device today. It works pretty much as advertised. The only real problem I had was that the built in speaker buzzed pretty badly when I used the external audio jack. I opened the thing up and pulled the wires to the internal speaker, since I never plan to use it.

I haven't tried the microphone yet, so I have no idea how it will work as a speakerphone in my car. I called my voicemail, and hear that through my car stereo, though, and that sounds good.

I sorta wanna go back in and unplug the battery, too, so it'll only work when my car is on. When the Pre loses connection to it, it automatically pauses the music, but because of the battery, the bluetooth receiver doesn't automatically turn off when I turn off the car. Once I get out of range, though, the music does pause itself.

Also, the buttons on the device can be used to pause, and go to the next or previous song, but there's a small delay in doing that, and it seems easier to just do it directly on the Pre.

Overall, it seems like it will work very well. Also, it came with a code for 5% off my next purchase... "thanku".
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I am getting a bit impatient waiting for the release of the Jabra Halo, and have instead found the Sony DRBT22's. Has anyone had any experience with them? The sparse CNet review and Amazon.com customer reviews seem to be alright ("expensive" a year ago -> $30 now, otherwise the only con I am seeing is that it can be a bit fragile folded up).

For me, an over-the-head style is ideal, and this seems to fit the bill. I just want to make sure there's nothing to watch out for; and hopefully the Pre doesn't hate it.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DRBT22-Wi...bosnation0e-20
    Apparently sold through TigerDirect: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...8&srkey=DRBT22
    Last edited by maskedferret; 06/16/2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    I received this device today. It works pretty much as advertised. The only real problem I had was that the built in speaker buzzed pretty badly when I used the external audio jack. I opened the thing up and pulled the wires to the internal speaker, since I never plan to use it.

I haven't tried the microphone yet, so I have no idea how it will work as a speakerphone in my car. I called my voicemail, and hear that through my car stereo, though, and that sounds good.

I sorta wanna go back in and unplug the battery, too, so it'll only work when my car is on. When the Pre loses connection to it, it automatically pauses the music, but because of the battery, the bluetooth receiver doesn't automatically turn off when I turn off the car. Once I get out of range, though, the music does pause itself.

Also, the buttons on the device can be used to pause, and go to the next or previous song, but there's a small delay in doing that, and it seems easier to just do it directly on the Pre.

Overall, it seems like it will work very well. Also, it came with a code for 5% off my next purchase... "thanku".
    Does Sprint's Navigation work over this? I like the Navigation, but need an option for more volume....this would be a great solution if it integrates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast