Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    Got my DR-BT22A today! Paired up easily after a bit of battery charging. The sound is pretty good so far that I can tell. I have not had a chance to test call quality. I am really liking these; they're really comfortable as well! The only downside is that they do feel a bit fragile when folded; gotta be careful when putting this in the backpack.

    Is anyone else noticing a bit of a performance hit in OS response while playing music over A2DP?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    Does Sprint's Navigation work over this? I like the Navigation, but need an option for more volume....this would be a great solution if it integrates.
    Yes, Sprint Navigation works over this device, and is plenty loud.

    The more I listen to it, though, the more I'm disappointed in the music audio quality. I guess that's to be expected with a $30 BT stereo device. I may look for something better, and with an external microphone option.

    Amazon.com: Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Stick, iPhone 3Gs & 3G, iPod, Zune: Electronics looks like one possible option, but I really have no idea how the sound quality will be.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3. #23  
    Need some help choosing a new set of BT headphones for use at the gym. I had the S9's (original) but they're bricked from sweat moisture.

    I was thinking about the S9-HDs because they are 'sweat-resistant' versions of the S9s but the wrap-around-back never fit my head properly so I thought i'd ask around.
    Suggestions in the S9 price range? Anything better and why?
    Thanks
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan View Post
    I'm going to get one of these to try to use in my car: Bluetooth Hands-Free Speaker / Car Kit (Supports HS, HF, A/V, A2DP Profile) - Bluetooth Accessories

    Hopefully it'll work... then I can get in, put it down on a Touchstone, and charge and play music with no wires!
    I got this today. The calling features work but even though the Pre pairs with A2DP with it, no streaming audio is emitted. I paired it with my laptop just to test and it works great streaming with iTunes.

    Is there anything special you did to get the Pre to stream the music to it?
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I got this today. The calling features work but even though the Pre pairs with A2DP with it, no streaming audio is emitted. I paired it with my laptop just to test and it works great streaming with iTunes.

    Is there anything special you did to get the Pre to stream the music to it?
    I have similar streaming issues (but with my car kit). While in the music app, you have to disconnect from bluetooth, then reconnect, push play and streaming will work. Not sure why it needs this sequence. its annoying.
  6. cybervsq's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #26  
    what kind of control there is?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I got this today. The calling features work but even though the Pre pairs with A2DP with it, no streaming audio is emitted. I paired it with my laptop just to test and it works great streaming with iTunes.

    Is there anything special you did to get the Pre to stream the music to it?
    Hi,

    Would you please tell my how to make it work with my laptop because I couldn't?

    Thanks alot
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayef_60 View Post
    Hi,

    Would you please tell my how to make it work with my laptop because I couldn't?

    Thanks alot
    This is the PreCentral forum regarding specific topics of your Palm Pre handheld smartphone. You will find people happy to help you with your Palm Pre and/or Treo/Centro product. If this is an inquiry regarding general computing, please use google to search for answers to your question elsewhere and keep the threads on topic herein to Palm products. You might also want to consider a Private Message to the specific user to keep non-Pre/Treo/Centro discussion off-line of these threads.
    Thanks.
  9. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    It will work with anything and everything -- though it's not clear yet how AVRCP support is (i.e. play, next, pause, etc support). I'm assuming that will be fine too.
    avrcp support is great - and even works in the pandora app..

    but... bluetooth reception on the pre sucks at least in san francisco (where that band is over-saturdated..) - my htc touch pro was *much* better then this one..

    I get hicksups in music entirely too often while using my motorola s9 hd's..
    -mark
  10. #30  
    Anyone have an AVRCP headset that allows ff/rw through music files on the Pre?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    avrcp support is great - and even works in the pandora app..

    but... bluetooth reception on the pre sucks at least in san francisco (where that band is over-saturdated..) - my htc touch pro was *much* better then this one..

    I get hicksups in music entirely too often while using my motorola s9 hd's..
    -mark
    Hmm...I live in the SF Bay Area and have had few-to-no problems with my S9 (non HD version) with either my previous device (HTC Touch) and my Pre. I did have some issues using the S9's with my BlackBerry Curve and iPod Touch w/ BT adapter. Those devices experienced allot of skipping and drop-outs. I noticed that putting the iPod/Curve in my shirt pocket it would cure the skipping. Both my HTC Touch and Pre seem to have a very strong BT radio.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    Anyone have an AVRCP headset that allows ff/rw through music files on the Pre?
    I understand that the S9-HD's allow this function and it is supposed to work on the Pre. The S9 regular (red) only supported skip fwd/back AVCRP...that also worked fine on the Pre.

    Can someone with HD's confirm FF/REW functionality being accurate? I'd like to know as well as I'm looking to replace my red S9's from sweat damage.
  13. Vigile's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #33  
    Is there a way to playback the audio from the media player over a standard bluetooth headset by chance?
  14. #34  
    I know all this has been addressed but I'm loving the Pre I just got yesterday. Today driving around bluetoothed a2dp to my Clarion car stereo. Listening to Pandora most of the day.. using sprint nav getting turn by turn.. it turns down the audio of the music when turn by turn instructions come through.. also took a few phone calls... audio and sprint nav mutes when calls come through. No glitches.. works like a champ... completely kills my HTC diamond I was using a few days ago in the same scenario. I really like how it autoreconnects with a2dp/bt anytime you get back in the car. Also sprint nav rocks!.. it's probably as close to a standalone GPS unit as you could get.
  15. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Hmm...I live in the SF Bay Area and have had few-to-no problems with my S9 (non HD version) with either my previous device (HTC Touch) and my Pre. I did have some issues using the S9's with my BlackBerry Curve and iPod Touch w/ BT adapter. Those devices experienced allot of skipping and drop-outs. I noticed that putting the iPod/Curve in my shirt pocket it would cure the skipping. Both my HTC Touch and Pre seem to have a very strong BT radio.
    Really? I have cutouts *all* the time using my s9hd's on the pre.. I actually used my htc touch pro few days back to listen to an audio book with the same headsets while on a run - didn't cut out once.. in comparrison I have to have the pre fairly close to my head (i.e. top of backpack, not front pockets) to have it not cut out..

    I do live downtown sf though, and I know there's quite a bit of interference around here.. but my touch pro was hands-down better then my pre is

    seems to work when stationary.. but cuts out as it picks up interference when moving around.
    -mark
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Really? I have cutouts *all* the time using my s9hd's on the pre.. I actually used my htc touch pro few days back to listen to an audio book with the same headsets while on a run - didn't cut out once.. in comparrison I have to have the pre fairly close to my head (i.e. top of backpack, not front pockets) to have it not cut out..

    I do live downtown sf though, and I know there's quite a bit of interference around here.. but my touch pro was hands-down better then my pre is

    seems to work when stationary.. but cuts out as it picks up interference when moving around.
    -mark
    I hope this isn't a consistent issue with the HD version. I just bought them to replace my regular S9s that got bricked from sweat moisture damage. These, BTW, worked great and didn't cut-out on my Pre at all. I used them at the gym and always kept the Pre in my front pocket.

    As I noted in several posts back, I would always have reception issues with the S9s using my Blackberry Curve and iPod with the BT adapter. However, my HTC Touch had the strongest BT radio and gave be better range than the Pre.
  17. #37  
    I have a set of the S9 HDs, they work perfect with my old Instinct, but on the pre, no luck outdoors... in my house or car its usually good, but the receiver on them is in the back, so with the Pre (and it's weak signal) in front of you, and the S9 HD receiver in back, they skip and even disconnect all the time! That is now my biggest complaint about the pre, it's bad enough i thought it was defective, but I exchanged my Pre for a new one, same thing exactly!

    I also tried with a different headset (samsung), it was a little better due to the reciever not being on the behind my neck, but still too poor to make a good call...
  18. #38  
    I've been having the same cut-out issues. Through San Francisco.. downtown and in the haight... although it works fine at home when walking around... just when i'm outside it has issues. Someone else posted and mentioned that the WiFi being on may be the culprit and that we should try turning it off... havn't tried that myself but will attempt to do it tomorrow.

    I'm thinking it's okay at home because it's connects to my home wifi but when i'm outside and it's not connecting to any, there's a lot of reception static on both lines.... try it out!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions