View Poll Results: How Many Touchstones do you need/want???

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - Not cool enough

17 23.61%
  • 1 - Plenty

22 30.56%
  • 2 - Work and Home

15 20.83%
  • 3 - Better Have one everywhere i go....

1 1.39%
  • Start with one and see how cool it is....

17 23.61%
  1.    #1  
    How many touchstones are you getting... I may start with one... But i think eventually I'm gonna need one for work and home...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I will start with zero, and buy one when it isnt 70 dollars.
    One. For my purposes, that should be all I need.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I will also start with none and wait for a price more based in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Agreed. It's a simple inductive charger like my toothbrush uses so I assume there will be $30 ones before long. Third party manufacturers just need a chance to crack a few open and make their own version.
    I'll be getting one for home, and probably a second one for work shortly after.
    none.... i'll use the $70 to pay my june bill and have $8.50 left over
    I will get one. And if I feel that I require 2, then I will get one for work as well.
    But knowing me & my cheap ***, I will keep 1 touchstone at home & use the regular charger for work.

Edit: btw, the 3 lettered A word is censored? I didn't think that was a profanity.
    Follow Me On

Need 2...one for me...one for the wifey.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ...I think they're uber cool and will definitely buy one eventually, but I'm a little bummed about having to pay $300 up front rather than what I thought would be an iPhone-competitive $200, so I'm planning on skipping the Touchstone charger until I get my $100 rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdavis55 View Post
    How many touchstones are you getting... I may start with one... But i think eventually I'm gonna need one for work and home...

ill start with one for home and see how the battery life is for my use. i'll buy a 2nd for work if needed.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'll get a charging pad elsewhere. I will wait to see a broken down touchstone to see if I can see if I can adapt it to a car cradle.

If the Pre sells well you'll see induction chargers coming out of China soon enough.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    eh, $70/50 is too much for my blood. $2 micro USB cable at work is far cheaper =) If it were $50/30, I'd be more likely to at least try it out. But given the markup on chargers, meh, this was pretty much expected
    One for the house. And two if they make one for the car.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    +1
    ill probably hold out until i get my rebate back. hopefully by then there will be cheaper third party ones. if not i may indulge, but i've yet to decide completely
    The Touchstone Charging Kit is $69.99, and is a bundle with charger and backplate. There is no charger cable included; they expect you to use the one that comes with the Pre. The dock and backplate will be available separately, so if you want a second Touchstone for just one Pre, you'll want to get a separate dock and an additional wall charger cable.
    I don't plan on getting one. I've had troubles with cable chargers in the past, but $70 is a bit much just for the convenience. Also, having to pay $300+tax up front, prevents me from wanting to pay an additional $70
    I will probably wait a month and have someone get it for me for a birthday present.
    I'm very wealthy and like to spend money, but I am still just going to get one.