Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Palm's site also confirms that the Touchstone WITH the back door will sell for $69.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Palm's site also confirms that the Touchstone WITH the back door will sell for $69.99.

We know.
    Charking?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Well, $69.99 with the back and the charger/dock is more acceptable, and $50 for the charger/dock isn't TOO bad. I may throw down for one at home and at work.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I think it's funny that the touchstone dock is $49.99 and the door is $19.99, which adds up to $69.98. It's actually one penny cheaper to buy them separately!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I think it's funny that the touchstone dock is $49.99 and the door is $19.99, which adds up to $69.98. It's actually one penny cheaper to buy them separately!
    I think it's ridiculous that the battery door alone is $19.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    I think it's ridiculous that the battery door alone is $19.99.
    It's not just a piece of plastic - it's the charging adapter for the Touchstone. At the very least it has induction coils and inter-device contacts, plus the nice soft-touch exterior finish.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    It's not just a piece of plastic - it's the charging adapter for the Touchstone. At the very least it has induction coils and inter-device contacts, plus the nice soft-touch exterior finish.
    As my Dad used to say...something else to break.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    As my Dad used to say...something else to break.
    I would think that the Touchstone back/charger combo would result in less breakage of things, being that there's no opening the port and plugging in and being hooked to a cable, etc.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I would think that the Touchstone back/charger combo would result in less breakage of things, being that there's no opening the port and plugging in and being hooked to a cable, etc.
    Does the touchstone let you sync the phone? Or do you have to do that wirelessly when you use it? Or do you have to have a cable attached for that at the same time?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Does the touchstone let you sync the phone? Or do you have to do that wirelessly when you use it? Or do you have to have a cable attached for that at the same time?

Since there is no desktop sync and all...
    I think I'm going to get it just for the novelty and reduced finger prints on the exterior with the different back.
    how much for another charging cable?
    Yeah the matte finish door looks better in my opinion.
    As far as I'm concerned, the only question is really: the full Touchstone package on launch, or door on launch and Touchstone later. The soft-touch back is a must, but since there's no discount for buying the full package together (they really should have the kit be even $5 cheaper, just for perception of value), it'll depend on my finances in another 3 weeks.