Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, Im kinda new here

I read a lot about the Pre but never saw anything about headphones and the music player (saw a short clip about the music player).

So... what information do we got on the headphones? are there any headphones at all?

Thanks, ShahaK =]
    I'm most interested in that as well......I hope it works like the iphones where the headphones are able to change and pause tracks, answer calls and what not.
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The Pre comes with headphones with an inline microphone included in the packaging.

The Pre has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    The Pre comes with headphones with an inline microphone included in the packaging.

The Pre has a standard 3.5mm headphone jack.
    Presumably, it's a 4-conductor jack to support the microphone as well, which means that iPhone headsets should work as well. When a 3-conductor plug (aka standard stereo headphones) is put in, the microphone input is just ignored.

Though, we don't know what (if any) advanced functionality will be present from a button, though I'd bet at least answering a call and probably redialing the last number will be supported.
    will you guys carry the headphones with you 24/7 and use them for all of your phonecalls? i do that with the OEM single earpiece headset now. it's discrete but so very............2001.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    For the 1st few weeks I will not use a headphone, I have to show off my Pre. No doubt it will be sold out the way the Instinct was when it came out in June around the same time the Pre is rumored to be released. I didn't get mine till July, that is not going to happen this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBee View Post
    For the 1st few weeks I will not use a headphone, I have to show off my Pre. No doubt it will be sold out the way the Instinct was when it came out in June around the same time the Pre is rumored to be released. I didn't get mine till July, that is not going to happen this year.
    Instinct was sold out at launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Instinct was sold out at launch?
    Samsung Instinct Actually Working for Sprint | PMP Today
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    will you guys carry the headphones with you 24/7 and use them for all of your phonecalls? i do that with the OEM single earpiece headset now. it's discrete but so very............2001.
    Actually it's very iPhoneish. Ever since that piece of crap came out I see people everywhere with the stupid stereo white crappy headset in their ears.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Honestly, yes, I do bring my stereo headset everywhere I go, though no, I don't always use it. It's just something that's always in my pocket with me (came with a little pouch), so that if I decide to walk somewhere, or I'm on the subway and people are too loud, or if I'm waiting for the bus and some homeless guy starts bothering me (which actually has happened once before ), I can put on the headphones and listen to music and not have to hear things. And then, if a call comes in, I just continue to use the headset while on the phone, as opposed to having to pull them out and hold the phone up to my ear.
    i like to use the headset because -

1. i hate holding the fkin phone up to my ear for even short periods.
    2. i like to be able to look down at calendar, contacts, docs, etc. while on the phone.
    3. nice to have for music desired situations.
    It will be able to do stereo bluetooth, so a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones would work great with the pre. You'll be able to control music from the headphones volume previous/next play/ pause (a bit easier then pulling the phone out of your pocket, messing with the touch screen, ect.). But battery life will be compromised.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    It will be able to do stereo bluetooth, so a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones would work great with the pre. You'll be able to control music from the headphones volume previous/next play/ pause (a bit easier then pulling the phone out of your pocket, messing with the touch screen, ect.). But battery life will be compromised.
    Bluetooth stereo headphones will never compare to a good wired pair though. besides that, it's another thing to need to keep charged all the time.
    I keep a pair of hybrid headphone with me all the time. I have a wired boom mic that I keep in the car. I also have an extra one of each in my briefcase.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I may seriously consider getting these.

Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone

I have another pair of their earbuds for my iPod and I love them.
    Yeah, I've got a similar but higher-end set:
    Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2 Earphones

Never tried the Ultimate Ears, but I hear some of their stuff is pretty good, though I've had a few sets of Etymotics and love them.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 05/17/2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    I may seriously consider getting these.

Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone

I have another pair of their earbuds for my iPod and I love them.
    Yeah, Ultimate Ears makes the best headphones/IEM's by far, I got the UE5's and there simply is no match. Etymotic makes great headphones as well, I had some ER6's and they were great...especially from the plane!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I personally like the wrap over the ears style. The ear phones that dangle always feel like they are pulling out to me. The ultimate ears foam inserts give you a good seal for sound but they don't suction in as much as the rubber types. I think it's just one of those personal preference things though.
    The included earbuds will also have magnets in them so they can be on your neck and out of your way, yet still in reach for when you need them. I dig that.
    Last edited by west3man; 05/18/2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: "magNets," not "magets"; blech!
    Hello... I came across this company Siege Audio, and they have earbuds called "The Stealth". These earbuds come with or with out a microphone... Not sure this will work with the PRE, but if it does might be a good choice for replacement earbuds... My favorite feature Tangle-Free Cords with Military-grade sheath also protects wires from damage/shorting... Just a thought...
    JerryM
    Fort Fun Indiana
    Hello Moto Krave ZN4 that thinks it's a Pre or Pixi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast