Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has already been addressed in another thread, but I've stated before that it's usually a VERY good sign once Zagg gets pre orders for a product that hasn't launched yet. For every gadget shield I've ordered from them, they have always had the shield for pre order around 2 weeks before the actual product launch. Well here you go...

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Last edited by cary328is; 05/14/2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fixed link
    I see the magical red X on white background.

But you are probably referring to this...

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    This is good news. I hope it works with the Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    This is good news. I hope it works with the Touchstone.
    Two notes:
    1) I don't see why it wouldn't, and
    2) the Touchstone charger comes with a special soft-touch back cover for the Pre - why wrap that?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Manny - you're fast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Two notes:
    1) I don't see why it wouldn't, and
    2) the Touchstone charger comes with a special soft-touch back cover for the Pre - why wrap that?
    Good point. Would just need the front and sides then.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I'm sure their product is great, but man, it seems a bit too pricey for me.

($24.95 for full body coverage)
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Thanks Manny - you're fast
    That's what she said......unfortunately...

lol... j/k!
    I think I mentioned it somewhere. They all seem to be preorders. I guess they have to make sure that it actually fits. I think I might actually just leave the film on the pre that comes with it a couple of weeks before I get one of these so all of the kinks are worked out.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I think I mentioned it somewhere. They all seem to be preorders. I guess they have to make sure that it actually fits. I think I might actually just leave the film on the pre that comes with it a couple of weeks before I get one of these so all of the kinks are worked out.
    I do that with all my new devices, my co-workers thought I was crazy. I told them I was just cheap! They thought it was real creepy when I started to scotch tape the dog eared corners down.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
  12.    #13  
    Nah that's not too crazy. Wanting to protect your investment isn't a bad thing This may sound kind of crazy, but I've actually made my own "invisible shields" when I didn't want to pay the extra $$ for the pre-cut ones. Here's what I've done for some gadgets:

1. bought bulk sheets of the 3M protective film (yeah it's the same exact stuff as invisible shield only not pre-cut) from here:

Cut to Fit Bulk Sheets - StickerCity.com

2. take the cheapy film off the new device and use it as a tracing template for the bulk protective sheet

3. take some of my wife's crafting tools (exacto knife, circle cutters) and cut out the exact replica of the cheapy film into the protective film

4. apply

I've done this so many times already for friends and relatives of mine (not bad considering I never charged any of them for my labor or material - I'm just a nice guy like that) who just want basic screen protectors (rectangles lol). I've even been offered a part time job at my dealership installing it on car hoods etc. LOL
    So which of these is the best? Which would be best for someone with no experience to install?
    I emailed Bodyguardz to ask if they're gonna have a preorder soon. Because I like that they give you 2 protectors in case you mess up the first application.
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    So which of these is the best? Which would be best for someone with no experience to install?
    I would go with Bodyguardz for their value and quality - plus the fact that they send you 2 as mentioned earlier. With something that doesnt have a lot of indentations like the Pre - this would be a perfect device to put this skin on. There are a lot of helpful videos on the net like this one:

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Nah that's not too crazy. Wanting to protect your investment isn't a bad thing This may sound kind of crazy, but I've actually made my own "invisible shields" when I didn't want to pay the extra $$ for the pre-cut ones. Here's what I've done for some gadgets:

1. bought bulk sheets of the 3M protective film (yeah it's the same exact stuff as invisible shield only not pre-cut) from here:

Cut to Fit Bulk Sheets - StickerCity.com

2. take the cheapy film off the new device and use it as a tracing template for the bulk protective sheet

3. take some of my wife's crafting tools (exacto knife, circle cutters) and cut out the exact replica of the cheapy film into the protective film

4. apply

I've done this so many times already for friends and relatives of mine (not bad considering I never charged any of them for my labor or material - I'm just a nice guy like that) who just want basic screen protectors (rectangles lol). I've even been offered a part time job at my dealership installing it on car hoods etc. LOL
    cary328is, it seems you are much more experience than most of us, how much would you charge to make two sets for my Pre (when Pre is released)? I don't mind to pay as long as it is less than the store... Thanks
    Another idea, list your service on Crgist list, then you will probably have more business than you know what do do with... You may need to hire people to work for you too. I am serious now, you should do it.
    I was wondering when they would start making them... Thanks! I have never had a problem with their products and I got it on my Centro and everything else electronic.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by publicid View Post
    cary328is, it seems you are much more experience than most of us, how much would you charge to make two sets for my Pre (when Pre is released)? I don't mind to pay as long as it is less than the store... Thanks
    Hey! That's really kind of you but I can't guarantee my work much less charge for it - which is why I do it for family/friends because they can't complain if something isn't lined up right. I would feel terrible if someone paid for it and they don't install it correctly etc etc. Tell you what - PM me your address and I'll send you a "front" one when the phone is released (I still need to determine the circle size of the bottom gesture button so I can find an appropriate cutter).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast