Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, we have seen that a free "pouch" comes with the Pre - obvioulsy a cheap one and certainly with no belt clip. SO, is anyone gonna actually use the thing, or will it be thrown into your closet with the box while you go out and purchase a real case?

I know, getting pretty desparate on new Pre topics.
    First two things I'm going to get are screen protector and case, so I probably won't be using the pouch..
    I'll most certainly be using it until I get a screen protector.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    From the bazillion Pre videos and pics I've seen, I can't quite tell if the screen is flat...if it's curved, I wonder how smoothly a screen protector will lay on there?

Also, I remember my Centro user's guide saying that it had some sort of screen protection on it already. I still bought a protector for it anyway. Maybe they will do that with the Pre as well??
    Dunno about a screen protector, but I'm definitely buying something so I can clip it securely to my scrubs without worrying about it flinging off.
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm a little concerned about getting a screen protector in that it'd get in the way of the smooth touch from sliding from the gesture area to the screen.

Unless someone designs a screen protector with a hole in the middle for the center button that can cover the gesture area as well, I guess. But then, if that is the case, it means I probably won't be able to get a screen protector from my favorite place for them. (Photodon.com)
    I'll be using the pouch for a good long while with all casual wear. I'm sure I'll end up having 6 different cases just like my Blackberry.
    My pants come with pockets but might use the pouch for something else
    I will use the pouch to see how I like it. I actually used the sleeve that came with the Treo 600 for quite some time.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Absolutely, because I want to take my time and chose a great case... so I'll have to use that in-between (thank god they did include one...)
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'll be using the pouch for a good long while with all casual wear. I'm sure I'll end up having 6 different cases just like my Blackberry.
    Yeah, that is me and my Centro. I got one for each day of the week!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I probably will be using the pouch for a little while. I am wondering if they will come out with a silicone, rubber, plastic case like they do for all the crackberrys and iPhones. It might be difficult to do with the slide out keyboard but I will wait and see. I had a Seidio clip that I really liked with my treo 750, so I might get something from them when they come out with a clip or something.
    I'm gonna use the pouch for a while definitely...

In my opinion, one of the biggest flaws of the pre is that with that slider, it's gonna be reallllyyyyy hard to make a good case for it... people have mentioned, "well they'll make a case like they do for the macbooks where it clips on the side".... Which is great, except for the fact that I don't want my gesture area to be cramped because I keep hitting my fingers on the corner of the the case....

I don't think we're gonna see a great case right off the bat. If we do, then kudos to that company for being totally awesome from the get go.
    I love lolcats
    Would it be wrong for me to use the case that came with my Sprint Touch? LOL...the Touch and the Pre are very similar in size, so I am thinking the Pre will fit in it.

Damn I am cheap!
    might make a good 'purse case' for my GF. Should help protect the Pre from her keys and other stuff.
    i probably will use it up front... the first day to first week, really depending on how long it takes to select something that will play well w/ casual and dress wear... maybe a separate apparatus of some sort for basketball shorts and sweat pants
    i already have a phone on my belt, so i will probably use the pouch that comes with it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I just started this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-onboard.html

I posted some other links in case you wanted to shop around to see other options. Hope it helps
    no. life is too short for cases, pouches, screen protectors, holsters, and belt clips. not to mention, you'll look like a ******.
    As a cheap SERO user, of course i'll use it. As long as I can.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast