Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll use it until I find a case I like.
    Those skins look like a PITA to put on, dealing with air bubbles, collecting dust.
    I'll probably just get a screen protector and use it with a case.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Absolutely, because I want to take my time and chose a great case... so I'll have to use that in-between (thank god they did include one...)
    I agree, the first few cases that will be available probably won't be to my liking. I do like the transparent flip down case though from one of the other TreoCentral posts.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'm a little concerned about getting a screen protector in that it'd get in the way of the smooth touch from sliding from the gesture area to the screen.

Unless someone designs a screen protector with a hole in the middle for the center button that can cover the gesture area as well, I guess. But then, if that is the case, it means I probably won't be able to get a screen protector from my favorite place for them. (Photodon.com)
    My iPod Touch screen protector covers the entire screen and has a hole over the button. It really reduces the glare, does not fingerprint, and is very smooth with swiping gestures. I'm hoping that something of equal quality is made for the Pre.

Edit, as for cases I always like what Sena makes. Very high quality and usually don't add much bulk. I have a slide in holster with a belt clip for my Touch. I have a flip case for an old Dell Axim. Sena will likely be the first company I look at for a case.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Would it be wrong for me to use the case that came with my Sprint Touch? LOL...the Touch and the Pre are very similar in size, so I am thinking the Pre will fit in it.

Damn I am cheap!
    I unlike Velcro very very much, but I was thinking the same thing.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    no. life is too short for cases, pouches, screen protectors, holsters, and belt clips. not to mention, you'll look like a ******.
    fanny packs, birkenstocks, ugly tourist hawaiian shirts maybe, but definitely not screen protectors that you can't even see

IMO I'm just protective of a screen that I'll be using for a long time. It's the same way with a tiny windshield crack that eventually starts getting bigger - after a while it's just annoying to look at. In fact using an invisible-shield type of film keeps me from putting it in a bulkier case because i can just throw it in my pocket with other junk
    if you look at a phone like... say, the chocolate, you can gather an idea of how those cases will work for a phone like the pre.
    I love lolcats
    I gave up on cases for phones a while ago.

Getting a case to protect a phone and not being able to see what you are protecting just doesn't make sense for me.

I'm imaging the Pre's screen is no difference in feel to my blackberry case, which in that case, my screen is scratch free for the last year, so no need for a screen protector (i've also never found one that keeps the screen clarity the same as with no screen protector).

So mine will be slip cover, or the leather pouch on Palms' website.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Getting a case to protect a phone and not being able to see what you are protecting just doesn't make sense for me..
    For me it's partially about resale.
    Eventually it'll be time to move on to another phone, if there are no scratches and the screen has been protected the whole time with no scratches it'll have a much higher resale.

You can often pay for a very large chunk of your new purchase by selling your old device.
    Ahhh never thought of it that way.

Good point.

In general, i'm usually very good about my phone but thats def. a nice insurance measure.
    Is there a picture of this phone pouch yet?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    Is there a picture of this phone pouch yet?
    Yeah id like to see it also.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Would it be wrong for me to use the case that came with my Sprint Touch? LOL...the Touch and the Pre are very similar in size, so I am thinking the Pre will fit in it.

Damn I am cheap!
    HAHA good to know I wasn't the only one looking at my Touch's case thinking, "hmmm.... I bet the Pre could fit in here..."
    I'll probably use the Moshi pouch I have with my Centro until my Ghost Armor skin arrives. I know the Moshi won't scratch the Pre which would be a concern with the tight fitting pouch in the Pre box. Maybe that won't be an issue but I do wonder how susceptible the Pre will be to hairline scratches.
    I would love for somebody to send me thefree pouch. I lost mine and I loved it since I drop mine a lot.
    You couldn't take my Pre sleeping bag from my cold dead hands. Love it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    i dont use it, but wouldnt give it up either.

how long does it take to take it out of the pouch to answer? how many rings?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Only using the pouch until I can find a case & holster to put the Pre in.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Its a decent case actually. I was using it until I just put on my IS. The IS is amazing...
    And Beanis, you cant use a SERO plan with the PRE. you must have a Simply Everything plan... Sorry kiddo,
    ha ha. i found my pouch and am now using it.

btw, dont the new pouches have a palm logo on them? mine doesnt.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Nah I got mine like 4-5 days ago.. No Palm logo on mine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast