Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Curious what everyone uses and how you like it?

Anyone have any idea if there are any Touchstone compatible headsets coming?

One of the reasons I haven't bought one yet is I can't stand the extra charging wire and being able to use the touchstone charger for both would solve that.
    The new Plantronics Voyager Pro headset. Expensive but I absolutely love it.
    Original Aliph Jawbone in red. Only downside was it was a little on the big side. The Jawbone 2 fixed that.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I prefer wired headsets myself (mainly because I've got a wired stereo headset, and there's no way Bluetooth audio quality would come close to the wired quality.)

The wire is a slight inconvenience but not needing an extra charger and being able to easily switch from stereo music to a phone call more than makes up for it to me.
    Jawbone 2. Black
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    i use a blueant X3 its OK but it irritates my ear so I only use it when i am driving more than 2 hours... plus i can charge it via usb
    TC has a lot of bluetooth reviews here http://www.treocentral.com/content/P...detail-100.htm
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

i don't use BT headsets. why?

1. you look like a nerd and/or a ******.
    2. one extra thing to have to charge.
    3. one extra thing to lose/break.
    4. one extra thing to carry/fight/fumble with.
    5. when battery dies you're screwed.
    6. relative sound quality sucks - incoming and outgoing.
    7. high cost/poor value.

so i use the old school wired earpiece. simple, easy, discreet, effective.

i'm hoping for the day when you can affix a bio-powered small invisible microdot to the back of your ear/jawbone but my guess is that's a long way off. someday.
    Jawbone 2
  10.    #10  
    Thank you very much for the information.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Jawbone 2 works very well in noisy environments. I use it mainly at work.

The Motorola Motorokr S9-HD has awesome stereo sound and your phone calls come through both earbuds as well. Not to be confused with the Motorokr S9 headset, an earlier model that is inferior to its replacement.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    I have an old Plantronics Voyager 510, works fine.

Wires are a pain!
    I have tried lots of different headsets (I have a addiction). My favorite by far is the Plantronics 925.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

7. high cost/poor value.

i'm hoping for the day when you can affix a bio-powered small invisible microdot to the back of your ear/jawbone but my guess is that's a long way off. someday.
    I see the advantage of wireless much better than your negatives. Having to charge another thing does suck but I hate tangled wires and the sound quality from my Jawbone doesn't suck. In terms of music though, wired headphones all the way.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I see the advantage of wireless much better than your negatives. Having to charge another thing does suck but I hate tangled wires and the sound quality from my Jawbone doesn't suck. In terms of music though, wired headphones all the way.
    But that's the thing. With a phone like this, with 8GB of storage, a decent looking music player, and Pandora, why would you want two separate sets of headphones to switch in and out? I'd rather always have the wired stereo headset so that I can go between music and talking on the phone effortlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    But that's the thing. With a phone like this, with 8GB of storage, a decent looking music player, and Pandora, why would you want two separate sets of headphones to switch in and out? I'd rather always have the wired stereo headset so that I can go between music and talking on the phone effortlessly.
    I do like that point actually. For me though I tend to use my BT headset only for driving. So lets say I have my Pre connected to a car's auxiliary input, a wired headset would be useless. For walking around and listening to music I think I might have to invest in an in-ear headset. Only question is how's the noise reduction for the mic on those things? Does it pic up a lot of outside sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I do like that point actually. For me though I tend to use my BT headset only for driving. So lets say I have my Pre connected to a car's auxiliary input, a wired headset would be useless. For walking around and listening to music I think I might have to invest in an in-ear headset. Only question is how's the noise reduction for the mic on those things? Does it pic up a lot of outside sounds?
    I've got a high-end one, so I'm probably not the best person to ask on that, but on mine it doesn't seem to be an issue with anyone I've called:
    Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2 Earphones
    Jawbone 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post

7. high cost/poor value.

Our favorite antagonist of most things chimes in. (Not a snipe, I actually enjoy your comments)

I'm actually glad this thread started because I want to preach on bluetooth etiquette and such.

PLEASE people, don't use your bluetooth in normal public situations. Don't go into a store or restaurant with your bluetooth. You look like a complete PUD. Also, people make fun of you behind your back. (Trust me) Also, it can confuse the heck out of people if you are talking on it.

Use your bluetooth for more private situations. Car would be the most obvious choice. (That's where I primarily use mine) Also in your own office, or in your home when on long conversations.

I reiterate... YOU LOOK RETARDED if you roll around everywhere with the thing. It doesn't make you look tech savvy or interesting... You just look like a ********* as Gekko bluntly stated.

If you want a good bluetooth then spend the extra bones and get a Jawbone 2. The sound quality is just about as good as if you were talking on your handset itself. The noise cancellation is excellent. It will also hold a charge for a really long time. (I usually don't have to charge mine but about once a week) I would say it could hold up to about 6 hours of continuous charge time. The charging cord is also semi - inductive. It latches with magnets so you don't have to fool around with trying to fit the super tiny charger into the slot.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've got a high-end one, so I'm probably not the best person to ask on that, but on mine it doesn't seem to be an issue with anyone I've called:
    Etymotic Research, Inc. - hf2 Earphones
    Thanks for the recommendation. I actually go high end a lot of times. I had a pair of Etymotic ER-6i earphones. They were great until the wire went bad at the plug side.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'm actually glad this thread started because I want to preach on bluetooth etiquette and such.

PLEASE people, don't use your bluetooth in normal public situations. Don't go into a store or restaurant with your bluetooth. You look like a complete PUD. Also, people make fun of you behind your back. (Trust me) Also, it can confuse the heck out of people if you are talking on it.

Use your bluetooth for more private situations. Car would be the most obvious choice. (That's where I primarily use mine) Also in your own office, or in your home when on long conversations.

I reiterate... YOU LOOK RETARDED if you roll around everywhere with the thing. It doesn't make you look tech savvy or interesting... You just look like a ********* as Gekko bluntly stated.
    One thing I notice here in NYC is how some people still have it on while underground in the subway. Yes there are some stations that are relatively close to the surface where you can get signal. But honestly people look dumb wearing a headset in places where you can't get service.
    Last edited by EeZeEpEe; 05/12/2009 at 06:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast